Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Internation Drivers license for Canadians in Florida
What are they doing down there. Have you other Canadians heard that Florida now requires an International Drivers License in addition to your Canadian Drivers License to drive in Florida. It will cost...
10
10

Do you know of engineering papers for what people call brake rotor 'warp'?
You might do well in a.h.r because those guys know mechanical stuff. http://www.centricparts.com/files/Centric%20White%20Paper%20C2-Bed-In%20Theory.pdf
13
13

OT - plastic jar sticky stuff
I've been buying off brand of salted peanuts. The jars are a good size, and I'd like to use them for other things. The label cuts off, but leaves some sticky adhesive on the side of the jar. How to...
18
18

Happy Valentine's Day
A guy dials his home phone number from work to wish his wife a happy Valentine's Day. A strange woman answers. The guy says, ?Who is this?? ?This is the maid.?, answered the woman. ?We don?t have a...
5
5

Roof sheathing? what kind?
I'm going to have to replace some sections of roof sheathing as part of a re-roof project. What is there now is 1/2" plywood. I guess it's been OK because it's lasted almost 30 years. Is 1/2" still OK...
15
15

OT: No more styrofoam. We're saved!
Per DerbyDad03: And I am guessing that there is some science on the advisability of using styrofoam.... not that I care that much... but Bloomberg is no dummy and I'll bet he is basing his ideas on...
42
42

Do I have metal in my eye?
Becaue of lower back pain, I need an MRI. I've done maybe 3 or 4 hours total of metal grinding in the last 30 years, and worn safety glasses during most of it. Also, because of the direction the grind...
37
37

What is this tool (found in someone's personal belongings)
Someone recently passed away who left me his tools. I found the following in the set of tools he left me. Question is: What is it and what is it for?...
6
6

Turnstile Jumper Who Wanted to Save Two Bucks Ends Up with Seven Years in Prison
A man who sought to avoid paying the $2.25 fare a a Manhattan PATH station ended up with some serious prison time after he was caught carrying an illegal weapon. 37-year-old Ruben Sanabria was stopped...
22
22

Circuit breaker question
Several weeks ago I turned on my oven to preheat it. Some 15 minutes later I returned and it was cold. I finally checked the 40 A double-breaker and it was tripped. I reset it and the oven worked ok....
17
17

XL pipeline from Alberta to Texas
President Barack Obama was silent on the issue of the XL pipeline that proponents want to build between Alberta and Texas. His silence on the issue is seen to be favourable toward the pipeline because...
40
40

Pickup truck tailgate theft
I take it you put the clamp on the slotted end gate pivot point at the bottom. A good idea. Simple and easy.
12
12

Snowblower danger
Holy crap, I read about the amputations just here in CT over the past few days. 12 patients lose 19 fingers. . What is shocking though, half of the losses occurred after the engine was shut off. It...
21
21

Ethanol gasoline symptoms
Thanks to all who reccomended not using ethanol gasoline in small engines. I'm drawing a mental blank. Destroys gaskets, and rubber seals. Whats the symptoms, how does one know it's ethanol problems?...

"Smart" Meters made them sick
"[WASHINGTON] Several Pepco customers say they're experiencing irregular heartbeats, headaches, and dizziness after wireless smart meters were installed at their homes." Others have chimed in with...
243
243