Subject Author Posted Replies

Ferrules and stops for wire rope
To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing 2 ferrules and 2 stops. I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?
4
4

new kitchen floor: contractor job
We had our kitchen floor replaced. The new floor uses Bruce prefinished oak. The contract said that they'd te ar out some plywood under the old floor, else the new one would be too high . The floor...
22
22

Pulling up sagging drywall with fender washers.
This is a follow up to my request for help in the following thread, The sagging drywall in smallest second floor room with little furniture was pulled up with about 100 fender washers in the following...
1
1

Unsticking aluminum tubes
I need to lengthen a solar blanket roller, to reuse it on a larger swimming pool. The roller is two aluminum tubes, about 4" diameter, end to end, linked by a third tube inside, ridged so that it...
6
6

Mane burners on Armstrong ultra 80 111 furnace will not ignite
I have a Armstrong ultra 80 111 furnace that mane burners will not ignite. Induction fan comes on pilot lights and stays lite for 90 seconds but mane burners will not ignite . Thermostat works...
5
5

Muriatic Acid Tidbits.....
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/chem03/chem03286.htm
5
5

Sears Craftsman "Lifetime Guarantee" ?
Thought I'd ask here first. Have a Sears Craftsman Sabre Saw. Must be at least 45 years old. No longer works (well). Bought it when I was about 30 yrs of age. Sure does seem like eons ago ! Do they...
38
38

Deere 5301 PTO
I'll cross post this to There are a lot more posters there. Do you mean a 5103?
7
7

OT?? Living in space
Youtube: Never pick up a hitchhiker. Good grief. The Russians and Americans did and ended up with a Canadian on board the International Space Station.
11
11

OT: 'wall eyed uncles and yard cousins'
a great piece of prose on the 'ricin' incident- I think I understand what he's saying with; xxxxxxxx "Tupelo is a kaleidoscope," said sociologist Mark Franks, who grew up in nearby Booneville. There...

Update on cleaning 3 more toilets of brown streaks using HCl (pool acid)
Just as I now always look at my friends' garage doors to see what they need help fixing, now I'm constantly looking for brown stains in my friends' toilets. :) Here's one I found at one friend's...
49
49

How do I fix this basement leak?
My walkout basement leaked a bunch of water from under the drywall right next to my doorwall last week when we had a really hard rain storm. I thought it was another crack in the poured concrete...
38
38

Attach cabinet to wall (earthquake)
My cabinet is 7 ft tall by 4 ft wide and 1 ft deep. The front and sides are glass and the back is mirrored. Decorative wood molding runs along the front and two sides -- but not on the back -- of the...
4
4

Leaking fuel from mower
I am rusty with carburetors. I found gas in the bottom of the air filter holder for a sears mower. Took the fuel bowl off. I think I need to adjust the float but the float is plastic with no...
12
12

OT Accidents and idiots compilation.
Darwinism in action. I wonder if they learnt from their experiences?