Ferrules and stops for wire rope

To connect the two ends of a loop of wire, I bought a package containing 2 ferrules and 2 stops.

I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?

Reply to
gary

Don't know about the rest of the readers, but I don't yet have a mental picture. Ferrules are for compression fittings for plumbing.

2 ferrules and 2 stops.

I know how to use the ferrules but how are the stops used?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

icture. Ferrules are for compression fittings for plumbing.

snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com...

2 ferrules and 2 stops.

Most ferrules and stops are fitted by compression tools.

The purpose of stops is to prevent wire rope ends from fraying. They usually have a blind hole and are shorter than a ferrule. Ferrules usually have to be nipped twice, stop ends just once.

Reply to
harry

gary wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Ferrules are used to make an eye with two sections of line passing through the fitting. Stops are used to prevent the line from passing through an opening, only one section of the line passes through the fitting.

Reply to
Doc

ferrules and 2 stops.

They package this stuff together because they are two inexpensive to sell one per bag, but that doesn't mean they are used together.

Reply to
micky