Subject Author Posted Replies

EPDM Rubber Roofing wraps over My RV
The EPDM rubber roofing wraps over slightly on both sides of my RV and you can see it from the ground. It gets dirty and doesn't look good. What can I do about this?
2
2

Quartz countertop and dishwasher
I?m having a new quartz counter top installed and have heard that it is very difficult to drill holes to attach the dishwasher holding tabs. What is your recommendation for drilling holes in the...
6
6

Why wait 24 hours after turning an ice cream maker on its side?
My wife sometimes takes warnings too literally. She bought a Cuisinart CIM-60PC ice-cream maker from Costco today: The instructions say (verbatim): "If unit is turned on its side or upside down, you...
27
27

roof tile repair, first row
My girlfriend's house has a concrete tile roof, Spanish style, roughly 5/12 slope. The construction is a bit unusual, albeit sturdy, or so we've been told. The lower end of the first course of tiles...
12
12

Another wrong address
The last lines in the article answer the question.... "The company that made the mistake came back later and said they would make it right but the original roofing company has to make the repairs or...
5
5

What would make a good insulating material for a water bed?
What would make a good insulating material for a water bed? My niece has a water bed. The heater from the water bed makes her room hotter than the rest of the house. I suggested that she take a...
25
25

Garage door opener safety lights
Not sure what they are called, but I'm talking about the little devices low on the garage door frame that detect when an object such as an animal is under the door. One of these got knocked out of...
65
65

small privacy trees
Hi Sorry if this off topic. Do you recommend any small tree (4-6 feet tall) that I can plant to give privacy and enforce my land boards? I live in Toronto, Ontario. Thanks a lot.
22
22

Looking for truly small medicine cabinet
By small I mean about 12" wide by 16" high. Like this one, but recessed: The problem with searching on small is the cabinet sellers have a different idea in what is small. They consider ones that are...
23
23

Where to put water service shutoff valve?
I have steel pipe to the street water meter. Leaks. Replace with PEX. Ok, but what to do about the shutoff valve? Current system has a gate valve adjacent to the foundation on the outside. I've had a...
16
16

security metal bars for winodws
Hi I want to put metal bars (vertically align)in front of my basement windows (from outside). I can not put it inside because it is old windows and it wo nt open if i put it inside. anyway i thought...
15
15

Peel-and-stick tiles over same
I have a kitchen floor that now has vinyl peel-and-stick 12"x12" tiles on the floor. The tile surfaces are worn in some areas which makes it look bad, but the tiles are all solidly in place with none...
13
13

Stoves cooker problems
I have a Stoves EH600 ceramic oven, and the main oven was failing to reach temperature. The switch light was going out after the usual time, so i thou ght it must be the sensor, so i changed the...
1
1

SAE-30, SAE-30 HD - Can they be mixed?
My son was helping clean up the garage and decided to combine some half empty containers of oil. He mixed a small amount of SAE 30 HD into a larger container of SAE 30. Probably less than 25% HD. The...
3
3

Laugh at Life
I was taking the elevator in the parking deck the other day. There was a man and woman together that looked like they were around 50. Standing at the elevator buttons, the man was saying.......I think...
4
4