Subject Author Posted Replies

OT- Pills
If someone has pills, which are 250mg, and take two. Is it the same as taking one 500mg pill?
26
26

Derating Switches And Conductors In A 3-Gang Switch Box
I am replacing a fan-only unit with a fan-heater unit in my bathroom. The switch for the existing fan is in a 1-gang box on a 15A, 14g circuit. Next to the fan switch, in a separate 1-gang box is a...
4
4

House has 2 main panels?
Older house with an addition circa 1965. Drop comes in, through 1 meter. F rom the meter one set of wires goes to the old panel which is located in a closet, another set of wires (for the newer...
2
2

Cleaning Up a Broken CFL
Never ever will there be one in my house, work place etc. the enviro wackos can have them Cleaning Up a Broken CFL | Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs (CFLs) | US EPA
38
38

Putting LED bulb in incandescent fixture?
I am about to have recessed lighting installed in several bedrooms (standar d size) of my house. 4 lights in each room should do the trick. Here come s the hard part-- incandescent or LED? 4 inch, 5...
7
7

Track Lighting Update - For Those Interested
I have decided not to replace the track heads in my linear track lighting unit for the time being. I wanted to keep the linear track, and replace the track heads. That means I would have to replace 13...
3
3

How Boeing 777 engines communicate
great info to know - but I couldn't watch any more of the FOX world...
1
1

Blizzard Shuts Down Water Heater and Furnace
This is something to keep in mind the next time (or hopefully before) you have problems with a high efficiency gas appliance. Our area was impacted by Winter Storm Vulcan last night, which left us...
15
15

Another Track Lighting Question
Sorry to be a bother again. I am still researching track heads. I have the linear track, but want to go from a Halogen light to an LED light. Most of all, I would like a more modern fixture. I am...
4
4

Liquid Electrical Tape?
Really good shit Maynard . I've seen it used in control pods on motorcycle handlebars . Makes a weathertight insulation , and a lot less hassle than using heatshrink tubing .
2
2

Glue For Grandson's Wooden Toy Guitar Repair ?
Hi, Want to repair my Granson's toy guitar which is coming apart. "Gentle" is not his middlename. All wooden. Is Titebond II still about the "best" glue to use for something like this ? Or,...? Epoxy...
8
8

Need 5 gal gas can replacement caps?
I have four 5 gal gas cans and three of them are newer and have the carb compliant gas cap/nozzles that are worth crap. They've all broken even though they usually leaked like crazy. I would like to...
7
7

OT Tire slow leak
I have a slow leak in one of my tires. Takes a week or two to lose 10 - 15 PSI and set off the car's low tire warning. Annoying. I'm sure a tire shop won't find a leak that slow. I guess I'll just...
45
45

Tradeoffs: Casement vs Double-Hung Windows?
For medical reasons I am thinking about minimizing any required lifting around the house. One thing that came up is double-hung windows. Even with plenty lube, there's a lift there - especially at the...
23
23

Track Lighting
Help Please! I am wanting to update my old linear track heads. I currently have eight 75 watt halogen bulbs mounted to a 9' ceiling. The lighting is great, and it is on a dimmer switch. I just...
17
17