Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Small Engines-A Good Place To Start...
Notes on the Troubleshooting and Repair of small Gasoline Engines and Rotary Lawn Mowers
1
1

Wide door
I'm installing doors without the frame in a home. This means I had to route the hinge and bore the holes for knobs and latches. All went well until I hit the last door, a closet door, were the door is...
32
32

Snowblower Engine And No-Choke Position Question
Hello, Have an Ariens snowblower with a Tecumseh engine. Put it on Full-Choke, prime the rubber bulb a few times, and it starts pretty well. Let it warm up for a while, and then put the Choke to...
7
7

Do new Kenmore dishwashers come with a drain hose.
Our 12 year old Maytag dishwasher works fine but the racks are rusting out. A new set of racks cost close to $300 USD so told the wife to look for a new dishwasher. She is interested in a Kenmore...
17
17

A successful repair! So far
My Pelonis oil-filled space heater temperature range setting failed a few days aho. I removed the trim panel to get at the knob; the knob was too large to remove otherwise. The trim panel was VERY...
4
4

Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose?
Do they make a fire-hose type of garden hose? It seems to me that I've seen something like that advertised, but cant find it now. I'm on a farm, and I have to fill water tanks for livestock in the...
4
4

I have an Opossum in storage building (to get rid of)!
I have an old trailer house that is for storage, but its in poor shape and I intend to demolish it this summer. Actually the roof is fine, but the crappy particle board floor is just falling apart....
47
47

A good deed get way out of hand.
Elderly neighbor couple (long story short -- really really nice folk) had problems with plumbing in the kitchen. My son and I, at the behest of my grandkids, volunteered to fix the problem(s) that...
11
11

Oil level sight glass HF compressor
Bought a cheapie for the shop while in Wichita last weekend...turns out the sight glass leaks (around the cover seal, not the threaded portion). Parts show it numbered but don't give...
2
2

adehesive for granite
I have a water fountain statue. some stupid kids in the neighborhood were apparently playing around it causing the statue to fall. the fall caused some damage to the statue and the bucket shell it...
2
2

Snow Thrower Pull Starter "Freezes"
I usually start my 50 year old Airens Sno-Thro (Yes, 50 years old) in our garage with its 120 volt electric starter motor, and only use the pull starter if I have to stop the engine outside for some...
13
13

Another Garage Door Opener Problem
I have a Genie Silentmax 1000 Model 3042 Garage door opener. I bought it 3 -21-2012 at Home Depot so it is mostly out of warranty by now. Back in Nov . I started having problems. I would press the...
18
18

OT - How Do You Enter SSA-1099 into TurboTax?
I know this is OT, but I can't find anywhere else to ask. I have been playing with this for two days. I simply cannot find where to enter the info on my SSA-1099 this year. I have done it in past...
17
17

Furniture polishes with detergents, emulsifiers and mineral oil ?
Hi Community! I have a (laminated) wood bathroom vanity that says, "... use "furniture po lishes with detergents, emulsifiers and mineral oil.". "The detergents clea n dirt form the furniture, the...
5
5

garage door problem
the issue with the electronic garage door is the way it closes. Opening the garage is not problem. press the button without holding it down, it opens. However, I press the button without holding it...
15
15