Subject Author Posted Replies

Cell phone signal boosters
I started having a lot of problems with my cell service - No Service, calls don't go through, calls not received. Tracfone has been no help so far, saying I live in poor cell area - but why did phone...
18
18

Super glue
I remember reading a thread about gorilla glue (I think that was the type of glue), but I can't find the thread. I was wondering how to keep my tiny tubes of super glue from hardening at the tip after...
38
38

Fence charger for 2 boxers
I "dog sit" for my daughter once a month for 2 or 3 days. She has 2 boxers. They are very affectionate and loyal dogs. But they keep pushing fence planks onto the neighbors yard. I am tired of having...
29
29

OT: Air Compressor
Have you tried Grainger? Dayton is their brand so they may have or can get your part.
9
9

Toilet bowl?
Landlord just fitted a new toilet bowl for me, looks good and seems to work OK but there's always a big turd, not mine, lying at the bottom which won't go away no matter how many times it's flushed....
12
12

New Code for shop lights?
I have 6 dual fluorescent shoplights in my garage. They are 30 years old and one by one they stopped working. Probably due to cheap electronic ballasts which are not available any more. The ballasts...
8
8

Garage door bottom weather strip
Pulling the nails doesn't seem like that much work. Maybe I am not picturing your situation correctly. Just open the door so you can easily see the nails and not have to hammer "up". Usually can get...
23
23

fire alarm control panel.... Did Mircom get hacked?
I know this is on the edge of OT, but I thought this group might be interested in this. I live in an apartment, and like many apartments in Minneapolis, they have Mircom security/monitoring systems;...
1
1

Parts for Black & Decker Toaster Oven TRO480BS
does not have stock. is a fire/injury hazard. still working when replaced because heating elements started to heat unevenly. are door can't be adjusted to close evenly, letting too much air in/out on...
6
6

Zep Acidic Cleaner For Toilet's Blue Stain ?
Hi, Have that (typical) Blue stain in toilet. Tried the Zep Commercial Acidic cleaner. Helped a bit, but not much. Any other suggestions to remove this Blue stain that hopefully would work better ?...

Wierd electrical problem:(
My best friend lives in a home near 100 years old with K&T wiring. and a lifetime of all sorts of modified wiring He had some copper water lines devlop pinhole leaks so he paid to have it replaced....
9
9

Removing water stains from wood panelling
I have some water stains around the edge of some wood panelling in my 60 ye ar-old family room. I would like to somehow remove the darker color of the stains without having to completely refinish the...
6
6

Old Sears Garage Door Opener Died
I have an old Sears garage door opener (139.663900) that went dead this wee k. Both the manual door opener button, my remote receiver button, and the r emote controls do not activate the opener motor....
9
9

ok to put wood post under crawlspace vapor barrier?
A contractor put a vapor barrier in my crawlspace covering some load bearing wood posts -- the vertical 4x4 that props up the joists (some call it a pier). That means the humidity from the dirt would...
3
3

Screw it, did it myself.
I'm 80 Been heating with wood since 1976. Still out there cutting but my " work" day is down to 3 or 4 hours. Ladders? I swore off of them a few yea rs ago but got my hat knocked off under a black...
19
19