OT: Air Compressor

I have an older Dayton Cast Iron series air compressor. The switch is no longer functioning and the reset button is popped up. If I hold down the reset button, the compressor will run and stop when I release. I tried finding a parts list to determine if it can be replaced but no such luck. Then I began thinking the possibility of removing the switch and rednecking a regular light switch in it's place, though, I prefer the stock switch. Anyone know where I can find compressor parts, how to repair the switch or another suggestion of replacement?

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

Have you tried Grainger? Dayton is their brand so they may have or can get your part.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I tried their site but found nothing. I plan to call them tomorrow but figured I'd ask in the forum since they aren't open today.

Reply to
Meanie

I just ordered & received a new pressure regulator & manifold for my air compressor from MasterToolRepair.com

Reply to
RedAlt5

...a little history on Grainger...when I worked in maintenance we had to or der from our suppliers online through a corporate account. When it was a no n-standard item we had to go though admin approval and a corporate manager approval. So for a 3/4 HP exhaust fan I ordered by phone from Grainger...la ter I saw the same motor at Fleet Farm for $50 less! I wrote them an email as such, and never heard a thing from them. (this was Dayton and the one fr om Fleet had a breaker, the one from them did not)

Reply to
bob_villa

They don't carry Dayton parts.

Thanks

Reply to
Meanie

My employer has an account with Grainger. In fact, they are our main supplier. I can usually call with who I am and where I work and still pay cash when picking up.

Reply to
Meanie

Grainger will definitely not always be the cheapest - and the higher price will not always mean higher quality - but they are pretty much a "one stop shop" for a lot of things - and a lot of things you can't easily find otherwise.

I can buy from most wholesalers because I have a company name.

Reply to
clare

Tell them to look at McMaster Carr. Usually cheaper and so much easier to find things on ther website. You can also put a McMaster part number in the Grainger search to see if they have the same item.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Too late for today, but you can probably find a generic part close, if not identical.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski