Subject Author Posted Replies

Boxer resistant fence
Run an electric fence wire around it.
21

BBQ SMOKE IS ILLEGAL IN FLORIDA?
When you use all caps, many will think it's the colonel's post! *L*
6
6

Oven Light Bulb Update
I checked the voltage on the bulbs that have been burning out in the oven; they're 120. I found a 130 volt version on Amazon and will send for a coupl e of those. I thought an LED bulb might last...
6
6

Missed sale, but HD store splite the difference.
I bought bulbs that said they were shorter and woudl fit more fixtures, so I can put the globe back on my basement ceiling fixture. It might have fit if I hadn't had to use an extension to be able to...
2
2

Expensive capacitor
This morning my heat pump outside unit was not running. Not having any parts and the parts stores closed I called an Air condition service company. Fellow came out and found the trouble as soon as he...
79
79

best car warnings I've seen.
best car warnings I've seen. From DON'T go near yellow SRS airbag looms. Don't touch them! Cutting or probing these wires may cause unintentional airbag deployment, electrical system damage or...

avoiding lightning
This is interesting: if you are unable to reach shelter and you experience any of these signs, or if you otherwise feel that you are in immediate danger, assume the following position quickly: Move...
9
9

ping: Muggles
Please reel in your (bird)dog from your old stomping ground. He's not welcome there anymore either. TIA

Elephants and landmines
Originally I heard this on NPR, and if you google Angola elephants landmines or maybe better elephants landmines you'll find the NPR hit plus 2 or 3 print hits, including National Geographic. Although...
5
5

Loose handle on a GE Profile TPX24PRBBWW side by side fridge.
How do you get the loose handle off to repair on a GE Profile TPX24PRBBWW s ide by side fridge. This model has the full length handles which are also y ellowing. The handles are loose, not sure if we...
2
2

Coaxial and electrical wiring
I just installed my OTA for my TV signal. I'm running the RG6 coaxial cable into my home. In doing so, I hid most of it out of sight and one particular run will lie parallel with a brief part of the...
10
10

cell phone charger on 2nd power strip doesn't charge
I have two power strips connected in serial. It is wall->strip A->strip B. I have two Huawei cell phones, different models. When I plug phone A to strip B, the phone can charge. However, if I plug...
38
38

Anderson Casement Window Won't Open
Hi There, We have a Anderson Casement Window in our second floor washroom. It seems t o be sticking on the upper inner latch and won't release and open. The bott om releases fine. The window is about...
24
24

bumblebees and house framing
I was up on a ladder looking at the hole I made for my AC drainhose, for the portable AC, and I noticed that in the townhouse next to mine, a bumblebee was going inside, in an empty space in whatever...
16
16

How to attach vapor barrier to foundation wall?
I want to attach a 20 mil vapor barrier about 2 feet up the foundation wall in my crawlspace. What is a good way to do this? I have seen/heard of two methods: (1) use a ramset (gun that fires a nail)...
2
2