Subject Author Posted Replies

What would cause a solar panel battery charger to die?
I bought one of the solar chargers they sell at Harbor Freight for around $20. They are made to charge a 12 volt battery at 1.5 watts. Granted that is not a lot of power, but just to keep a battery...
9
9

My house tipped over
I spent the last 5 weeks building a nice deck on the front of my house. It sticks out from the house 10 feet and covers the whole front of the house. I built it without posts, so it just attached to...
38
38

Population concentration
A map showing that a bit over half the U.S. population lives in the 144 largest counties. The rest of us live in 2,998 counties. (American Enterprise Institute) http://alturl.com/5bmok
35
35

Killfile lists?
Does anyone have a filter already setup to clean the noise from here? Would you mind posting it so I can safely plonk the noise? I wish there was a way to filter someone only if they reply to a troll,...
31
31

Nice track lighting for kitchen
Need a recommendation. I like the idea of LED but am open to options would like dimmable. I looked at one LED setup but it said it takes two minutes to turn on...not sure if I like that idea...but a...
10
10

AMEX Assurance Company--Wow!
The Costco Amex card offers an additional year of warranty (on items warrantied for one year). I called them this morning because a P&S camera we have failed on vacation in England. The zoom stopped...
3
3

security camera
A friend wants to monitor for a short period of time a parking lot area. So, he installed his Cuddyback trail cam. It works fine, but at night is "blinded" by car headlights and tail lights. At this...
9
9

bye bye
I find myself having to upgrade to Yosemite on my computer and that no longer supports MT_Newswatcher and I haven't found anything to replace it because I have neither the time nor the desire to learn...
16
16

[OT] WTF is it w/ gray text!??
I know I prolly shouldn't post this subject, here, but with all the other noise that makes up this group, I doubt anyone will notice. So.... WTF! is it with gray text? I go to 4 websites and it's all...
16
16

OT Roku Channel Store
OT probably. I'm looking into Roku and I see there is the Roku Channel Store. I gather one has to have channels to watch anything. But because I don't have a userid and password, I couldn't get to the...
18
18

England and Ireland Need U.S. Plumbers
I spent 18 days in England and Ireland. The plumbing is something from the 19th century or earlier. Someone needs to inform the English plumbers that there's a way to have sink with hot and cold water...
9
9

Dollar tree for home repair tools
I was in a DT today, they had some tools might be worth the money. One was mechanics wire (like for wiring up muffler). Also nearby was picture hanging wire. Which I bought for wiring mufflers. They...

Whatcha say?
OT The problem with public events. I was surprised that there was so much audience participation at the Rep debate, which was closed to the public and only open to families and friends of the...
6
6

Is it worth having a mechanic inspect a car before buying it?
Is it worth getting a mechanic look at a used car before you buy it? That you should do this is the theme song of the judge on The People's Court and maybe others. It seems to me that the only tests...
7
7

OT. 12 year old aces Mensa test.
From Yahoo: Nicole Barr, 12, earned a 162 — a perfect score — on her Mensa IQ test.