Subject Author Posted Replies

Who do I complain to?
I'm having my own private high heat this past month. About 6/15 the 100K+ AZ town in live near had a week-long heat wave, around 115. Then it returned to normal - high 90s, low 100s, once in a while...
37
37

OT: War, Peace and Coffee
There has been more than one coffee related discussion in this group, and some of us are pretty passionate about our Cup Of Joe. I caught a segment on NPR this morning entitled "War, Peace and Coffee"...

Grounding question -- ping gfretwell
My house, built in 1962, has one grounding electrode: the metal plumbing system. Doesn't meet Code now, but I'm pretty sure it did in 1962. The grounding electrode conductor is attached to the...
19
19

Fire stopping for INTERIOR basement walls?
Hi. I know I need to install fire stopping (1/2" sheetrock) above the top plate and along the perimeter of my basement as I install framing, per this image (which shows 3/4" OSB instead of sheetrock):...
2
2

Where to get Road Stencils (huge white letters)?
I blocked the road with cones and turned back all members of the public yesterday, but it was extremely boring, so I can't wait for the signs to come in. That's for the advice. Most people said they...
160
160

basement
need to know how much is a wave dehumidifer
10
10

OT: Car Daytime Running Light Switch
put the handbrake/parkinfg brake on the first notch
104
104

Hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth
Looking for a hacksaw blade with less than 18 teeth. Do they make any ?
19
19

Was it on this group someone was aking about wireless speakers?
Was it on this group someone was aking about wireless speakers? I have a set of RCA Stereo wireless speakers and they are fussy as all getout to get tuned properly, and get interference if you walk...

Succesful steps to getting mildew off cotton
This is exactly what I did and it worked great on 5 pairs of stinking cotton socks. If you have more, increase the amounts.... Set a 1-2 gallon plastic container in the sink, bathtub or outside. I...

Oxygen concentrator sound level
We now have an oxygen concentrator in our house and it is noisy. What have any of you seen or done to reduce the sound output from one of these machines? Thanks.
69
69

Can you use black or clear plastic on ductwork?
I have a main trunk supply line that is round and 16 inches in diameter. My return line is also that same size. I am thinking about wrapping the ducts with r-13 and using a black or clear plastic from...
3
3

Hand cart axle
I've put the wheel onto the axle. What is the "official" name of the washer that's pounded onto the axle that prevents the wheel from slipping off the end of the axle? (I've described the washer at...
35
35

OT Shoulder belt doesn't retract
I have a Toyota front shoulder belt that won't come out any farther and makes no effort to retract. Even with tugging, of course. What are the odds that something's stuck or that something repairable...
29
29

Backflow Valve
You are sure a "Backflow Pressure Valve" was what you used? Somehow I doubt it.
4
4