Subject Author Posted Replies

Installing a gas dryer
The connection for the gas input to the dryer is a 3/8" pipe with male threads. The instructions say to "use an elbow and a 3/8" flare x 3/8" NPT adapter fitting between the flexible gas connector and...
5
5

Gas Logs remote doesn't work
------------------------------------- We have a ventless gas log set. It is turned on and off with the remote. About a month ago the remote stopped working. We have reset it, changed both the...
6
6

Moisture-proofing crawlspaces
Anyone here with experience making a crawlspace moisture-resistant (with plastic membranes or other means)? Please read the question carefully before answering. Not looking for speculation or even...
8
8

Two-cycle oil in four-cycle snowblower! Help ...
I have a Craftsman Snow Thrower (247.88190) and I have an unfortunate problem. My son put replaced the oil with oil for my leaf blower. He put four 3.2 ounce bottles of Craftsman Professional...
13
13

Inclinator question
My ex-wife is on total disability and is essentially trapped in her finished basement. (Her arthritic 87 year old Mom lives upstairs and can't handle the stairs either.) She can't handle the...
4
4

Rate your DTV converter
When I got my coupons, it was near impossible to even find a DTV converter in the stores. I finally had to drive a long distance to buy and Apex converter which was the only one available, and I only...
99
99

Sheetrock a ceiling with uneven joists
I am having the kitchen ceiling replaced in a old house that I bought and that I will be renting out. The old ceiling has been taken down and what is left is the ceiling joists. It used to be a wood...
18
18

Cutting / measuring odd angles for miter cuts
Hoping someone can give me a tip about how to get good cuts for quarter round molding where the angle is greater than 90 degrees. With a normal corner I have no problem cutting the 45 degree angles...
5
5

Second Water Heater
My kitchen is a LONG way from my electric water heater, which is under the floor beneath the downstairs bathroom. I'm thinking about adding a second water heater under the floor under the kitchen...
12
12

OT: E85 price went over gas price here!
Well the environmentalists pestered everybody for E85 and the market eventually delivered, as GM hung their hat on FlexFuel instead of CNG (or just smaller engines), and ADM ramped up ethanol from...
16
16

TV Programming info from antenna + converter box
I recently dropped costly cable TV service and made the switch to an antenna with a digital converter box. I am very pleased with the results (we get about 20 channels, about a dozen of which I...
11
11

Porch columns: buy big and green or combine smaller dry boards?
I need to replace the posts on my porch and it looks like doing this will be the best way to go about getting the job done. I don't need much in the way of supporting strength, as the porch is...
4
4

Why street lights on all night?
Often wondered why street lights on all night. Wasted energy etc. Also unnecessary pollution where electrcity is generated by coal or other fossil fuel. Could save some small municipalities some cost?...
86
86

Carpet Cleaning
hello this is stacy. i have a very old, very valuable antuque oriental carpet (plus a few other less valuable & less old ones) that is in need of both cleaning and some restoration work, can anyone...
6
6

Home made attic elevator
need something like this for my office and storage on the 4th floor, but needs to handle more than 200 lbs. Mike D. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/4248496/11422041...