Subject Author Posted Replies

Refrigerators - all average at best?
We need to purchase a new side by side fridge. Five yr old Frigidaire needs $600 compressor (60% of what we paid for it). Did a lot of internet review searching and was suprised to see that the trend...
5
5

Best portable table saw
Hi, I don't mean to start a huge debate here, but I'm looking for a good table saw to make furniture. My limitation is that I get half a garage so I'm limited to a saw that can roll away. I think that...
28
28

Replace LP w/electric fireplace
LP is skyhigh $$$ in our area (Westminster MD). I'm looking into replacing our LP fireplace w/an electric model. 1) I need to cap the gas line. What do I need to do with the flue? 2) electric fp ,...
4
4

Very Old Houise...apparently screwed up wiring
I am working on my son's 100+ year old house, and someone put in a gas furnace. It works fine. I am helping him install a new large closet, but when we went to move an old lighting fixture out of the...
22
22

Check my arithmetic.
I think I'm right but now I am second guessing myself. If I have a 100 watt bulb that burns for 10 hours, I will use 1 kilowatt of electricty. So if my electric costs approximately $.10 per kilowatt,...
28
28

AT&T Telephone manual 732
I am in need of a manual for an AT&T 732 two line telephone. If you have one please contact me at hornetd at gmail dot com. -- Tom Horne

Best way to clean refridgerator compressor cooling coils?
I'm just wondering what others do to clean all the dust and crud buildup on the compressor cooling coils located at the bottom of the fridge?? There is almost no room to get a vacuum hose or...
12
12

New water heater
Hello, I'm looking to cover up my outdoor lap pool and link it to my house. I'm currently looking for a heater that's most energy efficient but also very reliable. I'm also writing a blog on this but...
5
5

A letter from the Boss:
Nice Rant. Of course I don't know who wrote that piece originally, but a few minor points of contention. Not an attack on your rant, just my opinion. The name of the game is not the number of...
4
4

Laminate flooring question
I'm looking to replace the cheap flooring that's down in my dining room now. I have a sample from home depot. It's dupont product with the padding glued to the back. I had Empire come out and I showed...
10
10

Laminate Flooring
Where on the Internet can I find a "good" video on installing laminate flooring? I have clicked my way through search results for a few hours and am hoping someone knows of one. Dick
6
6

concrete block window opening
I've not worked on concrete block walls, so I can just handwave. I think I would put furring strips on the wall, then put the wallboard on that. You'd have some air circulation back there. Some kind...
3
3

Suspend capbinets from ceiling
Hi, I have just built a set of cabinets designed to be suspended from the ceiling. The piece has steel cables running through it and I intend to screw hooks into ceiling joists. I was going to make a...
20
20

I already had electrical outlets installed prior to sheetrock...
I have a major renovation going on and during framing, plumbing and electrical rough in I got sick of dragging a 100' extension cord everywhere and have to use those dim work lights after dark so I...
30
30

No Alligators Please
We are trying to paint some pinewood derby cars with Kryon paint. If we let the paint set for over 24 hours we get an alligator finish on the cars. Any idea what is happening here? Mike D.
22
22