Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking Insinkerator Badger 5 Plus 5
This unit has a few years on it and recently began leaking. The leak is coming from the location shown here: do see alot of posts about leaking from the bottom, but that isn't the case with this...
6
6

Pole Lamp Replacement
Our house is about 30 years old. When it was built, we had a pole lamp installed down at the end of the driveway. It was electric with the wires running in a piece of thin-wall conduit from the house...
5
5

Converting a Canned Light Fixture
I have one of those canned lights over my dining room table. I think that is what it is called. It is simply a round fixture, with a metal rim around it. Inside of it is a big light bulb. I see that...
4
4

Life Alert - Outlet bursts into flames
Has anyone seen that tv commerrcial for "Life Alert", where an outlet on the wall bursts into flames? Why would an outlet suddenly burst into flames like that? There was no smoke first or anything, it...
27
27

Washing MAchine trips breaker
------------------------------------- My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then thetrips the breaker. What is causeing this?...
8
8

Laying Brick Over Concrete Steps?
Can anyone point me to DIY sites that can give me some tips and steps for laying half-thick bricks over concrete steps? The stoop on my late 70s house had some small settling over the past few years...
7
7

OT: Where to order a DTV converter
Andy comments: Just google " DTV Converter Sales" and you will be deluged with stores offering many brands at a wide variety of prices. The coupon that the government gives out usually lists many...
12
12

PEX plumbing connection preferences
I am getting ready to do some PEX plumbing for the first time and I am learning about the various types of PEX systems and connections. I have done copper and PVC/CPVC plumbing before but I want to...
23
23

Do all skylights eventually leak?
A 20 year old house I looked at over the weekend has 3 large skylights. The original owner says that none has ever leaked. I've always been under the impression that all skylights eventually leak...
11
11

Refrigerators - all average at best?
We need to purchase a new side by side fridge. Five yr old Frigidaire needs $600 compressor (60% of what we paid for it). Did a lot of internet review searching and was suprised to see that the trend...
5
5

Best portable table saw
Hi, I don't mean to start a huge debate here, but I'm looking for a good table saw to make furniture. My limitation is that I get half a garage so I'm limited to a saw that can roll away....
28
28

Replace LP w/electric fireplace
LP is skyhigh $$$ in our area (Westminster MD). I'm looking into replacing our LP fireplace w/an electric model. 1) I need to cap the gas line. What do I need to do with the flue? 2) electric fp ,...
4
4

Very Old Houise...apparently screwed up wiring
I am working on my son's 100+ year old house, and someone put in a gas furnace. It works fine. I am helping him install a new large closet, but when we went to move an old lighting fixture out of...
22
22

Check my arithmetic.
I think I'm right but now I am second guessing myself. If I have a 100 watt bulb that burns for 10 hours, I will use 1 kilowatt of electricty. So if my electric costs approximately $.10 per...
28
28

AT&T Telephone manual 732
I am in need of a manual for an AT&T 732 two line telephone. If you have one please contact me at hornetd at gmail dot com. -- Tom Horne