Subject Author Posted Replies

shed dimension
Here is a silly question. I am planning on building a 12'x16' shed with 1/2" OSB sheathing. When I build the frame, should the actual dimensions be 12'x16' or should it be 1 inch less...
8
8

Making or buying a raised platform
We have several bushes that need to have their tops trimmed. They are too tall for me to trim with a regular hedge trimmer. Today I tried using a pole trimmer. I could not reach the center of the bush...
18
18

Iron with brown gunk
I have an 18-yo variable temperature, steaming iron by Black and Decker. It's been a workhorse! Unfortunately for me, one of my daughter-units have taken to ironing almost every stitch of clothing...
8
8

Kindred SS sink install...
has anyone else had problems with the plastic clips that hold down these sinks? This is a slot rather than channel hold-down. The only type like these are made by Franke. It's a good sink...but...
1
1

Redo bath vanity tops
I want to replace the bathroom vanity tops in 2 bathrooms in a newer const. (2006). But I'm hesitant to do it myself as I want to preserve the vanity and I want the house to continue to look new....
4
4

Buying advice for Washer and Dryer (for clothes).
I'm looking to buy a new Washer and Dryer. Any brands that you would recommend? Any brands that I should stay away from? I want a traditional style Top Loading Washer with the agitator. I was set...
16
16

A Modern Faucet Experience
20 years ago, I needed a new kitchen faucet, stopped by the wholsaler, picked up a decent 2-handle with sprayer ($30). Don't even remember how the old was hooked up, put some copper stuff...
27
27

1/4" crown stapler and Masonite UL
I need to provide an under-layment for some new flooring in a rental house. My hammer arm is tired. My choices are between 1/4" Masonite (cheaper) and Laun. Either would be a fine sub-strate for what...
1
1

Drip irrigation for hanging plants on front porch
I have a front porch with routinely-killed hanging plants. Basically I seem to be genetically designed to turn every living plant creature into dust through water-negligence. I am in need of...
2
2

Identify the Concrete Coating?
Did some minor surgery on the foundation and now I have to do the "cosmetics". The concrete is coated in something that looks to be 2 thin layers - the first I guess to be a skim of mortar, but the...
4
4

"Generic" top rollers for screen door??
I'm trying to help a friend repair their sliding screen door - it kept coming off the track and falling out - I lifted up the door and removed it - the bottom rollers probably need a bit of an...
2
2

garage door electronics Phantom model, Overhead Door
Hi, the torsion springs broke and were repaired. The electronics do not work. I believe the spring broke while the door was being raised and the door fell back down. The plastic gears appear...

Advice on Ge Artica Freezer
I have a GE Artica PSHN23GPAWW side-by-side unit. The freezer side warms up too much at certain times of the day, seems like it is related to the defrost cycle. When the temp rises, it takes a long...
2
2

Sprinkler Advice
Hey All, I am in need of your help once again. I have a 38 year old house with a 10 zone sprinkler system. Most of the heads were corroded copper ones that I assume to be 30+ years old. I started...
9
9

new flapper still leaks
I replace my 20 years old toilet (KOHLER) with a new fill value (made by MJSI and a flapper. It still leaks..at about 4 hours tank is empty looks like it is leaking into bowl (no water around toilet...
15
15