Identify the Concrete Coating?

Did some minor surgery on the foundation and now I have to do the "cosmetics". The concrete is coated in something that looks to be 2 thin layers - the first I guess to be a skim of mortar, but the outer coat looks like coarse sand mixed with paint. The sand particles are all "paint" colored. The coating will come of with a putty knife and a bit of work and is brittle, not flexible.

To make my surgery disappear I either need to match color and texture of the old coating, or re coat the whole visible foundation.

Any guesses, tips, etc?

Thanks, Red.

Reply to
redstig

Stucco.

RicodJour

The concrete is coated in something that looks to be 2 thin layers - the first I guess to be a skim of mortar, but the outer

GOOGLE: Parging

Reply to
Rudy

Parging looks like the right process, but I still can't figure out what the color layer is. I doesn't look like any mortar or cement I've used before. I assume the color is some sort of tint additive, but are the lumps just regular sand?

redstig

Stucco.

RicodJour