Need advice on skim coating two different retaining walls to look the same

I have a retaining wall that is separated by stairs. The wall is made of brick. The left hand wall is perfect, but the right hand wall needs replacement. I plan to replace just the right hand wall with inexpensive cinderblock, then skim coat both walls to look the same. The only problem is that I don't know what product to use that will coat both cinderblock and brick. I'm in Massachusetts, so freezing weather is an issue. Does anyone know a solution or a product I can use?

Reply to
arnold45cal

This is going to be an interesting feat. Bricks are about 3x7 and block is about 8x16. There is nothing that can be lightly sprayed/rolled/or brushed on these two that will make them the same. The mortar joints will probably always show through whatever coating you apply as light and dark lines due to dampness and heaven only knows.

You can cut the mortar on the block wall flush as it is laid, then coat with something like Quickwall:

You should be able to fill all the mortar joints on the brick wall using power washer, acrylic bond agent, acrylic modifier in mortar mix and cut flush. The bond agent should grab the same Quickwall product.

Thoroseal makes similar products. I have applied the Thoroseal us> I have a retaining wall that is separated by stairs. The wall

Reply to
DanG