Subject Author Posted Replies

Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness
I have 2002 Sears Craftsman LTX 1000 Garden Tractor/Lawnmower/Desert Gold color 42 inch cut, electric PTO blade clutch. Mgf. model # 944.601751 The problem is the main electric wiring harness running...
2
2

wiring problem/question
I disconnected my two attic fans (see "dead attic fan" thread). I did this by identifying the black and white wires from the fan. These were stranded wires. The black one connected to a solid black...
16
16

Genie screw drive stops and starts
I have an older Genie screw drive (sd9500) which all of a sudden has started acting odd. It stops partway down and partway up. I tried cranking up the the safety adjustment and even disconnected the...
4
4

Things you find in old houses (electrical repair)
Replaced a light switch in my friends' house in San Francisco yesterday. House built in the '20s, in what I call "storybook" style (stucco, fake half-timbering). Switch started to come out...
6
6

Standard width of sidewalks
3' is pretty standard, some are 4' but that's less common around here. R
8
8

Riding mower wont go
I was cutting the grass with my murray riding mower with the B&S 15 hp engine and doing real good. I was in third gear when I hit an old tree stump hard. The mower stopped and now will not move and...
3
3

Casters needed for a heavy workbench
I recently built a 4' x 8' workbench with 4"X6" corner posts and 3/4" plywood for two shelves and a double thickness top. I', using the shelves for wood storage on one and tool storage on...
8
8

Does Preen work on brick patio?
I've never used Preen before. I just sprayed my whole brick patio (1200 sq ft) with Roundup. If i sprinkle Preen all over the patio and water it in, will it prevent or at least help prevent future...
5
5

Identify lawn weeds
Like Demons, they seem to be easier to kill once you know their name. :-) Weed #1 #2 in Zone 6, Louisville KY http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/3zk1eusy67tNIFgAgqCy5g?feat=directlink...
18
18

Tool for removing wiring staples?
I'm rerouting some wiring in my garage, which necessitates removing the staples that hold it in its current configuration. I've been using a flat pry bar with some success (defined as "Got the...
18
18

18 yd. stamped concrete patio pour is complete
18 yd. stamped concrete patio pour is complete. Weeks to prepare, and less than six hours to pour and finish. Now, 30 days to cure, and stain and seal. Looks good. Be happy when it's all done....
10
10

Help! Shower Faucet socket problem.
Hello My shower has two faucets in the wall, built in 1954. The shower head drips as well as water drips out the faucet stem. I'd like to replace the washers and orings orreplace the entire...

can you "touch up" with plasti-dip?
subject says all... exact application is a used Thule roof rack, one of the cross bars has a little chip in the rubbery coating, would prefer to buy a bottle of Plasti-dip rather than a new, expen$ive...
5
5

American Standard (Trane) AC and constant problems
Hello, I'll spare the complete story of the problems I've had in the last few months with the new AC unit in the house I just bought but I do mention some of the issues below. I'll mention...
5
5

Why can't electronics on new washers & dryers be tougher?
I see these newer dryers and front-load washers have what I assume to be some kind of IC control circuitry and from what I've seen my suspicions about this being a likely point of failure appear...
90
90