Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaving AC/Fans on in vacant home
Leaving AC/Fans on in vacant home Other than for possible buyers, is there a good reason to leave the AC and three ceiling fans on in a vacant home in Baltimore? I'm working at home now and could go...
13
13

Follow-up on drain pipe relining
Turns out around here at leaste, probably everywhere, drain pipe relining isn't cheaper than replacing the drain pipe. In fact I think it's more expecnsive. However it is done in one day, and doesn't...
7
7

Garage door jerks when opening
Hi, I have a 10 year old garage door opener. When the garage door opens, sometimes it jerks the door at the start, but the door opens fine. There are also few times when we close the door, the door...
10
10

Behr Paint - any good?
OK, I know, Depot brand. I know how they cut deals with vendors, etc. But, that's doesn't necessarily make it bad :-) How does it actually compare? Opinions? Any independent lab test of paint...
38
38

refrigerator gurgling/knocking/popping "normal"?!?
Bought a Kenmore bottom-freezer fridge/freezer last November, and since the day it was delivered it has made a noise when the compressor kicks on that sounds like syncopated knocking or popping...
4
4

Coating a Rubber roof
I have a flat rubber roof about 500 s.f. I had a company put on a Silver Coating. What concerns me is the company sent 2 men. They carried up some old looking buckets & mops. They were done in lees...
3
3

Hot Water Plumbing Problems
Hey there. So we have an old home (1902) that is 3 stories. We currently have a tenant in our ground floor apartment. She just informed me that she is unable to get the hot water to come out of the...
9
9

Load Center Orientation
Can a load center with a main breaker be mounted rotated 90 degrees such that the main breaker is on the left (side ) rather than the more normal position, at the top? The load center I'm considering...
10
10

NiCd vs. NiMh
After reading the discussion about battery packs I had a question. I am looking for feedback on battery life of the NiCD versus the NiMh. I use NiMh batteries in my camera flash and find that they...
51
51

replacing door gaskets on refrigerator and freezer
I need to replace the gaskets on my refrigerator and freezer doors (15 year old Amana BZ20RL). Rplacing the unit isn;t an option right now. I can get the gaskets online (RepairClinic. com, &tc.). The...
6
6

Good shade film for windows?
Hi all; I've got three windows (46" X 48") on the southern exposure of my house. There's no shade and the summer sun can be brutal. Can anybody recommend a good brand or source of shade film? Thanks a...
2
2

Scotts Weed Control Fertilizer Killed Our Lawn!! HELP!!!
Every year, we try to do the cycle of Scotts Fertilizers on our lawn ( Crabgrass Fertilizer, Weed Control Fertilizer, Summerguard Fertilizer, Regular Fertilizer, and Winterguard Fertilizer), and...
53
53

Toilet tank/reservoir mold / mildew problem
I have a rental house which just became vacant. I notice in the toilet tanks, there is a mold / mildew problem. I'm not sure why since the house a/c works fine. Anyway, what is the best way to clean...
2
2

18V battery powered tools
Hi All, I maintain & repair houses houses on a daily basis. I've been using Dewalt cordless tools for many years and I like their tools. Unfortunately, I'm only getting about 2 years of useable life...
28
28

Dryer Vent Problem
My electric dryer is backed up to an outside wall. I am having heck of a time getting a vent to seal tightly. When the dryer is in place, the vent outlet almost touches the outside wall. I'm thinking...
6
6