Subject Author Posted Replies

How to know which cleaners and detergents are SAFE for hi-pressure power washers?
Lots of cleaning products (soaps, degreasers, detergents, etc) are made for power washers, but many, most or all of them state that they should only be used with *downstream* injectors or pickup hoses...
3
3

Ceramic tile over painted basement floor
My wife wants our basement floor tiled. The current floor is 40 year old cement with a coat of gray paint. The paint is older than when we moved-in, 7 years ago. I do not know what kind of paint, it...
21
21

Does someone know , for sure, if a rheostat can be applied to a small '12 vdc' Motor ?
All the packages ive looked at in the store mention 115 v. , but none mention 12 vdc. Please advise. Thanks.
11
11

Fencing
No, I'm not selling stolen property. But there has been a bit of a rift between my Brother-in-law and me and his property surrounds mine on three sides. He did me the favor of having my property...
13
13

need washer fixed
does anybody have any ideas of how to fix a washing machine that does not drain. or know someone who can do it cheap? any input will be appreciated thank you. ------------------------------------- liz...
7
7

@#$% Moen faucet handle...
I have an old Moen faucet in my bathroom... it's one of those single handle deals. In a fit of domesticity, I removed the handle (clear plastic) and scrubbed off all the built up lime etc. so it...
3
3

Tile backsplash
Want to put a row of 4x4 ceramic tiles where there used to be Formica. When the Formica was removed it took the top layer of the sheetrock with it, leaving a rough gray-brown paper surface. Should...
6
6

What gutter gaurds have you tried?
I have a 20 year old 5" aluminum gutter, and I'm trying to find a good gutter gaurd to go with it, and it needs to be good enough to keep out pine needles. The first type I tried were these:...
28
28

Painting Forever Storm Doors
Hi, I have three Forever doors installed, and there is no problem with the doors. One of them is subject to dog paws from the inside. It's a crossbuck door, and I can't get the toenail marks...
6
6

stop water leak (flow) between asphalt and wood joint
I have a 5th wheel, that I built a press board enclosure under the front, and plywood siding around the bottom for the Winter. I have 2x4's running the length and width of the 5th wheel, nailed...
7
7

concrete slab for shed
Well after contemplating several options, have decided to pour a concrete slab for 12 x 16 shed....what I have done so far is to remove sod and put up forms. On one side the top of forms are about 4"...
9
9

Vibration isolating main ducts from furnace?
A recent post on soundproofing reminded me to ask this.... I'll probably need a new furnace for this winter. I was thinking of asking the installer to mechanically isolate the main duct hookups...
13
13

Creature
What kind of creature is digging holes in my back lawn? There are about an inch and a half round and an inch or two deep. I have seen nothing out there. Nocturnal creature? If anyone can identify it...
19
19

Looking for users manual for older Sears/Craftsman lawn mower
It's from the early 1990's and the model number is 247.384260. Thanks for any help you can provide.
4
4

confused by Juno price disparity
Hi, I finally settled on the ic22 can, but I unsettled by the price disparities. It's 6.99 at Lowes, (website down currently) 7.99 at Sears, >20 everywhere else, including $37 at Lighting...
3
3