stop water leak (flow) between asphalt and wood joint

I have a 5th wheel, that I built a press board enclosure under the front, and plywood siding around the bottom for the Winter.

I have 2x4's running the length and width of the 5th wheel, nailed with concrete nails into asphalt, then the press board and plywood screwed into the 2x4's where they meet the asphalt.

It looks good, but I'm on an incline and water (rain) just flows under the 5th wheel, this of course isn't good for the wood and I need a way to block the flow.

I started with bricks, bought enough lay one course on a concrete fence pad close to the structure; but a bit of forethought, that's not going to work and I have piles of bricks I need to return.

Latest strategy, I'm thinking of using flashing and an asphalt/wood adhesive (FlashMate) to glue and seal the asphalt and wood, blocking the water flow and channel it elsewhere. flashing position -> L

I've googled a lot and have read and reread the masonry books I got from the library, - and asphalt seems hard to find anything that will bond with it, so bricks and mortar seem out. I'd rather not work with a hot glue, and do this myself.

Would anybody have any advise on how I could stop the water flow? Would the flashing work, a good adhesive, another idea, I'm open :).

Thanks.

Reply to
Pennywise

Why does it matter if water got under it ??? If your're worried about the tires , block it up so the tires aren't on the ground...The only thing I can think of to help you if you really want the water kept out is have the asphalt guys come and do you a curb for a foundation and run your sheathing down over it like you would a slab...Hope I helped...Good Luck...

Reply to
benick

I'm thinking you could take a saw, cut a slot in the asphalt, and stick a long piece of flashing in it uphill of the wood. Then bend the flashing over the wood like you're sheathing a door frame or something, then finally fill the slot (that now has flashing in it) with asphalt crack sealer. Would be semi-permanent, but should work.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The wood would rot.

Reply to
Pennywise

The wood would rot.

This is a DYI job: as cheap as I can get it done.

Thanks tho for the reply.

Reply to
Pennywise

That's a pretty decent idea, and would work.

Thanks.

Reply to
Pennywise

Yep, got a neighbor that is a flagger for a construction crew. I'm trying to find out what they use to stick the reflectors in the middle of the roads :)

Thanks as well.

Reply to
Pennywise