Subject Author Posted Replies

Where can I find this Quick connect shut off Valve? for Sprinkler?? Brass
I have a really odd quick connect valve (brass) for our sprinkler system. Since we just moved into this house, I don't know who installed this valve. I called all kinds of sprinkler system store to...
9
9

FYI - Ladder Stand-off/Stabilizer
Gravity doesn't kill you on this planet. It's the sudden change in acceleration. R
7
7

what coffee maker won't I have to repurchase in a few years?
Couple years ago the girlie bought a new Mr. Coffee "thermal" coffeemaker because she liked the eco-friendliness of not having a heating element under the carafe, and also it had a timer so you could...
39
39

Heat Pump Savings?
I have electric hot air heat and I am wondering how much I can expect save with a heat pump? Eastern TN, almost in the Smokies and the North Carolina border. Elevation about 1650'. It's around 15...
7
7

Plumbing question
I have hot water heating, and removed all the baseboard heaters to refinish living room floor. My house was built in 1951 and has old style baseboard heaters they have two 1/2 inch copper pipes that...
12
12

2001 Toyota Seinna Van & check engine light
Check engine light on - think it is bad O2 sensor - is there any damage that can result of running the van with out replacing this sensor? Only drive less that 150 miles a month and vehicle seems to...
8
8

Honeywell UtilityPro Programmable thermostat problem
I had this thermostat installed by my utility company several weeks ago. It's the kind where they can cut back the air conditioner during peak demand. I get money off my utility cost and a free...
16
16

How many SWMBOs out there?
I notice that a lot of "guys" here refer to their wives as SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed). That's interesting. What's up with that? I've never seen it anywhere else. I've never seen so many "guys"...
42
42

Central Heat & AC thermostat... weirdness
OK, this POS doublewide has straight electric hot air heat, A/C, but no heat pump. (Coleman Evcon) Years ago when I first moved here I closed off the ducts to almost 1/3 of the house (two bedrooms and...
5
5

?Grout lines
I'm installing ceramic floor tiles that look like wood planks do I need to grout between the tiles and if yes what size? GK
5
5

Mulch
Can bark mulch kill or turn fur tree branches brown?
23
23

What's the deal with the heavily-advertized Dyson vacuum cleaners?
Are the Dyson vacuum cleaners as good as they say they are? Are they worthy of the tv-commercial air time? Or is this a case of "if you advertize it, they will buy" ?
57
57

roof leak
I must have a small roof leak in my 1.5 story, 2 dormer, roof. There is a small darkening spot, about 6" in diameter, on our 1st level bathroom. It's about right at the point where the 1.5 story...
78
78

T handle torque wrench
If I have a torque wrench that works for a 5/16" hex head, but now I have a hex head that is 3/8" in size, is it possible to use the same torque wrench with some sort of an adapter? I went to the big...
10
10

Replace Sears circular saw?
Do they really stand behind the lifetime guarantee? My saw is so old I no longer have the paperwork. I brought it out the other day and it would hardly cut. I don't think it's the blade; I either had...
26
26