Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding insulation to a mobile home
Here I sit, in my Mobile Mansion, feeling a chill in the air and wondering what I can do to make it better. First I was thinking about 1 inch rigid foam over the shingles with a steel roof over that....
7
7

skil router
hi I have skil 1820 router does anyone know if skil 1825 fixed base with work with it skil's part number is the same thanks
3
3

220v circuit for welder
I need to add in a 220v circuit for a welder in my shop. I have a seperate panel, and in that panel plenty of room for a 2-pole breaker. There is already 3 x 220v 20 amp breakers in there, all on...
16
16

before you do repair ck out all free tips
Hi 45 w-woman looking for a mulit millionaire or billionaire man to take care of ... searchgoogledepot and see all the Tips free. Search The Internet Search the net and find whatever you need. From...

9 volt transistor battery use?
What's a way to use up old 9 volt transistor batteries? I've got a couple dozen that still have some charge. I figure with a couple battery clips, I could put two in series. Dump the charge...
15
15

$300-$400+ for a $30 heater: Bob Vila whoring for EdenPure heaters
I haven't seen the ads with Bob V yet, but I remember Paul Harvey hawking them-- which caused me to lose most of the respect I ever had for him. The biggest question I have about The EdenPure is: why...
3
3

FA: LOT OF 2 WHIRLPOOL TEMPERATURE SWITCH PART # W10179666
of 2 Whirlpool Washer Swtch-Temp Part # W10179666 These are Water Temperature 6 Position Switches for Newer Whirlpool Washers. Brand New and Still Sealed in Factory Plastic Packaging. The Price for...

8 foot ceilings in garage... Gas IR heating tube OK?
I'm going to be installing heat into my garage in the next month or so and I was wondering what would work. Garage is 24'x32'. I have a natural gas line and electricity. Ceilings are eight...
4
4

Cleaning residue on stained deck?
I have a natural cedar deck that I pressure washed and then stained with semi-solid this past spring. Came out quite nice. A good portion of this deck in under a maple tree on one side and oak trees...
4
4

Mobile roof repair
Does anyone have experience sealing the roof of an older('68) mobile home? I think you can use some kind of sealant, or tar, but I'm not sure what product that would be. I would also need a...
4
4

SCOTUS filings re Chicago Gun Ban
Here's the basic petition: plaintiffs are arguing "privileges and immunities" clause of the 14th Amendment, AND the "due process" clause. The first leads them to asking SCOTUS to overturn several...
3
3

Bomb-proof wallpaper
From Popular Science magazine. Useful for girding your utility closet as protection from an exploding water heater, your garage in case you can't stop quickly enough, or the kitchen for those...
4
4

Speaking of soundproofing, what separates my townhouse from the next one?
Speaking of soundproofing, is there anything in the building code or common practice that would indicate what separates my townhouse from the next one? My house was built in 1979, and I see one layer...
10
10

Basement spiders
Why do spiders make webs in my basement. There are no flies down there.
21
21

How is this not a fire hazard?
Broan 512 90 CFM, 6" Room-to-Room Ventilator, 120 VAC
18
18