Subject Author Posted Replies

Four questions about actual antennas and installation
I now plan to put a pretty big tv antennas in my attic. 1)I won't need an assistent for aiming because I have a co-ax splitter in the attic, I'll bring a tv up, and I'll have RF remote control for the...
27
27

register placement...
OK, so it's better to have heating registers under windows (where they'll hopefully combat the cold air coming off the glass) in a home and return vents more central - that makes sense. What about...
4
4

Patching hole in yard lamp pole
When I went out to string Christmas lights on the ivy growing around the lamp pole in the front yard, I noticed that there is a hole in the pole about the size of a quarter. I can see the electrical...
33
33

Where to get pre-made drawers
A bunch of years ago I bought a plastic/fiberglass drawer, to be mounted under a work surface. Unfortunately, that unit is in a house which I don't own any more. In the new house I built a real nice...
6
6

Pressure Treated Wood Rotting
Here's a picture of some ground contact pt 6x6's used as a retaining wall. It was 18 years old. I had to replace about half of it. The rest was in "ok" condition. A lot of the rot started where it had...
13
13

Serious Toilet Problem
I spent the past 3 weeks installing my new toilet, and I spent a small fortune on it, but it matches the decor in the bathroom. Last night I came home from work, turned on the water and powered it up....
5
5

OT Camcorder advice - please
Have been reading and posting (when I have something to contribute) here for about three years. I realize that camcorders are WAY off topic, but I have searched the NGs every way I can think of and...
8
8

Cast iron vent connection
I was in my attic doing some wiring and came across a 2" vent, I accidentally touched it and it moved..."moved" as in slid down for about two inches. The 2" cast iron vent is original. I hired a...
6
6

Fun with electricity (or A Question about Wiring)
Hi there, folks. I'm not electrician, but I've changed out a fair number of light switches and outlets in my house. I decided this past weekend to swap out the dimmer switch in my dining room with a...
17
17

Hardwood floors -- light refinish
I have hardwood floors in a house that I will be renting out. The floors are in fairly good shape, but they should at least be "lightly refinished". By that I mean that I think that doing something...
3
3

HDTV connections
I have a HDTV connected to a satellite receiver via an HDMI cable. Under the HDTV's "Setup" menu, the "Source" menu lists AV1, AV2, AV3, HDMI1, HDMI2, Side and Digital Audio In. Each of those...
21
21

Best Over-the-Range Microwave Brands?
1. Whirlpool? 2. GE? 3. Frigidaire? Is this the top 3 or am I way off. Any suggestions on where to start comparing brands/models?
26
26

OT Making fun of the blind
Prince Philip mocks blind hero about color of his tie 't shoot the messenger.
9
9

Brassing fitting help?
1st, I am NOT a plumber but I can turn a pipe wrench. I ordered a replacement brass tank cross tee for my well tank and because I measured the OD the unit I got is much larger than the original....
2
2

Garage door legal question.
Hi everyone. We will be walking out of our house shortly in CA. I am selling everything that can be remove and one of the item is the garage door which I paid for about over two years ago. Is there...
55
55