Subject Author Posted Replies

Forced Hot Water Heating System Valves Question
Hi, Live in the typical two story Colonial. Have gas fired, forced hot water heating system. About 30 years old. Has two zones, and an electric circulator for upstairs, and one for downstairs. On each...
9
9

repairing a kitchenaid mixer
Hello, our mixer broke, so I took it apart and I found a metal piece where the teeth were gone, so I guess this is it, and ordered a new part: the gears in the casing were all in a lot of grease. I...
4
4

interior foundation insulation of conditioned crawlspace?
My basement space in Portland Oregon consists of two types of areas. 1. Along two walls is an unconditioned crawl space. 2. The remainder of the basement is insulated stud walls that is conditioned....
1
1

Drilling a Hole in Hardieplank
What drill bit do I use to drill a small hole in Hardieplank? A masonry bit does not work.
16
16

Best Lithium Batt Prices
http://www.evcomponents.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=28

Trimming around interior door
I just installed a new pre-hung door in the upstairs bedroom I am remodeling. I've got it in nice and level and square and it works great. My trouble is that at the bottom of the door the door jamb...
18
18

OT - Credit card with a 79.9% interest rate
My first thoughts... http://i46.tinypic.com/2psgcqu.jpg
6
6

Snowblower Storage - Is this Safe?
I just got my snowblower back for repairs. It had a blocked carburetor. Two days after I got it home I noticed it was leaking gas/oil. This is a two-cycle machine. Even after using it, it still leaks....
49
49

Washing Machine "walks" several feet
I have a 4 year old Maytag washer which has recently begun "walking" around during the spin cycle. It moves several feet from its original position. The washer is carefully levelled and the feet are...
41
41

Drywall Prep (Existing butts to new)
I recently added some greenboard that butts up to existing drywall. The existing drywall has semi-gloss paint on it. How do I prep this? Light sand? I don't want the mudd to start lifting or cracking.
3
3

A "24" Christmas? Humor Video - OT
Any "24" fans out there? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/jack-bauer-santa_n_395892.html http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/17/jack-bauer-santa_n_395892.html
12
12

OT Older vacuum parts?
Older Eureka model E-2013. Seeking Canadian or US source for parts, in particular the plastic 'horn' and bag which attach to the base motor housing. Also probably the rotating 'beater bar'. Advice...
4
4

OT: Parking lots reveal patrons
Some may recall that I've been approached twice in Home Depot parking lots by what I though were would-be muggers. After I unholstered my gun they both came up with complicated but believable excuses...
12
12

Dewalt DPH3100 washer
Can someone comment on any known issues with pressure washer made by Dewalt, model DPH3100 Have an opportunity to purchase locally at a nice discount but wanted to ask first in case some known recalls...

More 20% Harbor Fright coupons
??? have a few items not included on the others. Just look through all of them. http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/common/displayPage.do?pageFile=magurl3.html...
1
1