interior foundation insulation of conditioned crawlspace?

My basement space in Portland Oregon consists of two types of areas.

  1. Along two walls is an unconditioned crawl space.
  2. The remainder of the basement is insulated stud walls that is conditioned.

There is no mechanical equipment in the crawlspace other than heat ducting.

I am converting the unconditioned crawlspace into a conditioned crawlspace.

I am clear on all of the things that need to be done to do this to code except I am confused when reading the code on one item.

I would like to use Flame Spread 25 or less foam board secured to the inside of the concrete foundation walls in the crawlspace and not cover it with something like drywall, but am not sure if this is allowed, or a more general question...

What are my options for insulating the interior side of a concrete wall in a conditioned crawl space?

Thanks, Jess

Keyword = JessJoeMama

Reply to
Jess

"Jess" wrote

Jess, this depends on Portland Oregon's code. For my area, because it ajoins living space, it has to be covered. Doesnt have to be drywall, but has to be covered. Cheap plywood or pressboard is legal where I am for this.

Although I did not find the specific info you are looking for, the link here has the local phone numbers for you to call to ask.

(Yes, it's a brocure on living spaces and your's isnt but they can still answer that question)

Reply to
cshenk