Subject Author Posted Replies

nitrogen gas in cans
I wonder why some company doesn't begin to sell compressed nitrogen gas in spray cans, complete with a tube as found on many lubricant cans. For foods, a blast of Nitrogen into a zip lock baggie would...
26
26

Soft Drywall
I hope someone from this excellent group can answer this question. We recently purchased a 22 year old home in the greater toronto area. I've been doing the usual installation of towel racks, knick...
12
12

Frustrated Owner Bulldozes Home
..now covered with snow in MOSCOW, Ohio (video) Plus he will need to bring the IRS to their knees and have them surrender :-/ "When I see I owe $160,000 on a home valued at $350,000, and someone...
4
4

Ridge Board
I have a 10 X 15' pavilion with a 4 12 pitch. How big must the ridge board. Is two 2 X 12's 15 ft long sufficient?
3
3

Gas Dryer Poor Performance
I think this is the newsgroup traditionally used for appliance questions, so hopefully this is acceptably on-target. The Kenmore-branded Whirpool dryer (110.79912900) hasn't been doing well in recent...
22
22

Bottom plate directly on concrete. Alternative?
For basements, the usual for walls seems to be a pressure-treated bottom plate attached directly to the concrete floor. I'm using a (waterproof) subfloor material that channels water to the floor...
3
3

How Come My Brand New Stainless Steel Sink Stains?
As part of a remodeling project, I installed a brand new stainless steel sink a few weeks ago. The model number is Kohler K-3145, Cadence, Self-Rimming Kitchen Sink. my old sink, we used to keep a...
78
78

GE Fridge - freezer not working
Hi, We have a GE Profile Perormance side by side refridgerator/freezer that is about 11 years old. Recently the freezer sopped working properly. It still makes ice with no problems, but everything...
18
18

Drywall 9' walls
Gonna be helping a friend build a new house after a complete burnout. His ceilings are going to be 9'. what is the standard procedure for drywalling 9' walls? thanks steve
69
69

microwave redux
OK, so we're back from the great microwave shopping extravaganza... with nothing... due to the small size of our kitchen, the *depth* of the microwave is important, because it sits on some Metro...
12
12

Which router?
I'm going to purchase a router, guide, table, and a set of bits as a gift. Which router do you recommend without getting into a pro model? Steve
16
16

How to adjust honeywell round thermostat (mercury switch) to the right temperature
How do I adjust a thermostat so that the heat reaches the set temperature? My Honeywell round thermostat has a bulb with mercury in it and a coil of metal that seems to control when it makes...
36
36

The right grease
Guys I know this is off topic, but from what I read here I trust your opinions. I have a new 9mm Trurus handgun. What kind of grease do you recomend to use on the slide action. I am treasurer of my...
24
24

Old Thermador Oven- model MSC228 (25 years old) Need knobs
Hi, I have a Thermador MSC228 double oven.. I need replacement knobs, I tried repair clinic. they dont have any.. Does anyone know where I can find replacement knobs? I tried the generic h.depot ,...
7
7

Effective cutting/chopping boards.
By the way on the subject of kitchen 'cutting boards'. For many years, approx. 30, we operated a small family business, catering company; which required being at several locations on the same day and...