Subject Author Posted Replies

Need ideas for less expensive pool cover & motor replacement
Has anyone an idea for fixing a pool cover less expensively than from the pool-cover company? Since it's a "safety" feature, I didn't expect parts to be cheap but my vinyl Infinity 4000 pool cover was...
14
14

Three questions about two-stroke gas power tools (chain saw & hedge trimmer & vacuum/blower)
I'm new to two-stroke gas-powered equipment having owned the following California-emissions models for only six months and I'd like to ask one question of each: 1. Craftsman 18" two-stroke chain saw...
13
13

How to drag large garbage can?
Our city provides large garbage cans, about 4' tall and 30" square. Full, they can weigh up to 200 pounds, especially if we fill them with heavy ice plant. Our home is located at the bottom of a...
86
86

Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?
Trane central air unit quit doing its thing (recently made another post about it) and I finally cracked open the housing. Here are some pics - front and rear of a capacitor and a pano of the...
77
77

OT - childrens meds recall
Go to this site for the full story and a link to request a refund or coupon for each bottle you have. Check your inventory: Motrin, Zyrtec and Benedryl are all involved.

how to snake bathtub drain?
subject says all... this AM I was taking a shower and felt that lovely feeling of water backing up in the bathtub and bathing my feet in cool soapiness. Got home today to find that there was STILL...
19
19

Bees that want to bore holes in my carport beams
Every year around this time I have a problem with bumble bees that want to bore holes in the exposed, unpainted beams of the roof of my carport. I've been chasing them off with wasp spray but...
36
36

stipulations in drywall contract
I am going to be getting estimates and then signing a contract to have 3 rooms (game room, bedroom, storage room) in my basement, drywalled,taped, and textured. I would like to get some suggestions...
7
7

Hanging something on drywall
OK, I probably shouldn't be doing stuff around the home :) To keep our dog in one part of the house, I hung a baby gate in a doorway. It was one we took down from the top of the stairs some years ago...
28
28

Drywall
OK, I probably shouldn't be doing stuff around the home :) To keep our dog in one part of the house, I hung a baby gate in a doorway. It was one we took down from the top of the stairs some years ago...
1
1

Best material to cover garbage bin wheels (2023 Update)
In our city, we have large bins for garbage and recycling. The bins have hard plastic wheels. We recently replaced our asphalt driveway with pavers. The pavers have a much rougher surface than the...
55
55

Washer & Dryer recomendation's
I am moving & need a new Washer & Electric Dryer. When i go to Lowe's,Homedepot,etc. & read the reviews they all are horrible. I can't find one with a good review. So i thought i would ask here. Any...
13
13

Tile/Shower Base problem
Just had a new shower installed, tiles going down and overlapping the flange of an acrylic shower base. Contractor "sealed" the tile/base connection with grout, which soon cracked due to weight in...
13
13

Drywall
The ceiling in my garage is 10 feet and 1 and 1/2 inches from floor to the bottom of the truss. I am not installing drywall on the ceiling. Is it ok to use 10 foot sheets of drywall hung vertically...
7
7

How to measure water flowing through small tubing?
I have a dehumidifier with pump that drains via a small plastic tubing (about 5mm OD). I'd like to monitor its performance by measuring how much water flows through the tubing. This should be...
5
5