Subject Author Posted Replies

Must have!
Easy to make. Its the wifes idea. Every once in awhile she comes up with an idea. http://cleveland.craigslist.org/rvs/2004792824.html
1

How was old cloth covered wire made?
I've seen women make cloth with a spinning wheel, and seen all sorts of other sewing done, but how did they mass produce that old cloth covered wire? What was the material used? (it seems to last...
6
6

Bombs - WARNING
Although none of us will probably encounter the situation described here, one never knows for certain, and if forwarding this saves on person from getting hurt, then it is worth it. Bob-tx Kids are...
27
27

American Standard toilets: "Champion 4" vs. "Champion"
We have three "Champion" toilets that we bought a few years ago. They flush very well, but it was not long before the flush valves on two of them (the two that get used most) started leaking: the...
9
9

OT changing the oil
OK, that made me chuckle. I feel your pain. Plus on our Avalon the filter's at such an angle that it never drains - but once unscrewed it's almost impossible not to tip it while pulling it from the...
39
39

right saw??
hi to all i am looking for a portable saw for cutting steel that: 1-cut horizontal jobs.i need to cut matrials in the a door jamb 2-no sparking 3-long life blade that can be sharpened and be usable...
6
6

New material: epoxy
[Well, not new, just new to me] Now we've all used epoxy sometime in our lives. at least to glue something back together. I've done that many times, but I never used liquid epoxy until today, when I...
18
18

Splitting Internet & TV cable
I have cable light. In other words, the slowest of internet services you can get. Several people told me years ago, I should be able to split it off to my TV's. Now, about 4 yrs later, I finally gave...
32
32

Insulating an open ceiling room
I have a small "studio" that has an open beam ceiling - there is no attic (or crawlspace) between the room and the roof. Since it has a small ridge beam (2x) there are rafter ties that run across the...

Genie Intellicode Model IS550/A
Hey my garage door wont close all the way, it stops about a foot from the floor. I dont have the manual so i dont know where the adjustments are for the Down Limit Switch or even how to adjust it. Any...
4
4

Waterproof a plywood cathouse?
Last year I had a 4*8 outdoor plywood board (pressure treated I think) cut into appropriate pieces at the local Home Despot and put together a little house for a few feral cats. I used some...
24
24

High pitched noise from furnace blower
Our house is 5 years old and we have a trane furnace (80% efficiency) that is the same age. When the blower turns on (whether a/c, heat or just fan), you can hear a faint high pitched whine coming...
16
16

which tile saw to get
I'm installing 12X12 ceramic tile in the basement. I've been doing the whole tiles first, but to finish the job I will need about 100 cut pieces for around the edges, doorways, floor drains, etc. I...
24
24

Wood filller before painting
How best can I fill or finish the curved wood surround (new wood) of a halfmoon window before painting? The grain of the material is fore-and-aft i.e. across the grain of the whole (plywood?) surround...
5
5

15A outlets on 20A circuits
Last week, I posted about running 12/2 wire for a kitchen reno. Well all the circuits are run. I decided on running all 12/2 instead of 12/3 and splitting circuits. Looking ahead to outlets, had a...
96
96