Subject Author Posted Replies

Concrete slab cracked all over - water coming in
Hi guys, About 2 years ago, I removed my basement carpet because I was getting floods underneath. When I removed it, I saw that the entire slab was filled with cracks - probably over 100 cracks. Water...
5
5

What is the opposite of ceramic?
What is the opposite of ceramic? That is, when I search for "How to remove floor tile", I get mostly hits on removing ceramic tile. I have softer stuff., I don't know what it's made of. 12" squares,...
14
14

My Clothes Washer smells "SOURED", how do I fix this?
I keep getting the smell of soured clothes from my Clothes Washer. No doubt some clothes have soured at some point in my washer but I use it daily and I almost always use bleach when I wash. This...
15
15

BORG
Have seen this a lot recently, referring to big box stores? I tried to look up BORG, but no luck. Anybody? TIA HB
8
8

Strange Noise Under Floor
I bought my small one-story house in 1996. It is now about 26 years old. There is no basement, but there is a crawl space under the entire house that I store a lot of stuff in. The pipes for the...
7
7

Bird bath and freezing?
I understand liquids freezing and expanding. If I let your basic ceramic bird bath out all year here in WI, would it crack? Showing my age now, but I remember when milk was delivered to your door and...
11
11

Customer Supplied Parts
Yup... "No Warranty on Customer Provided Parts"... Now ask them to provide doors on which those locks they supplied you will fit onto using only a screwdriver to install... If the referral company you...
13
13

Toilet flush using too much water
I've closely observed my toilet and it is using too much water per flush. I watched the meter outside while my son flushed the toilet and it used 6 gallons rather than the 1.6 gallons it should! Prior...
17
17

Match indoor paint color
Need to paint my LR/DR walls. A certain beautiful green from a picture mat. I heard of a gadget -- spectro-something? -- that electronically matches the color of the sample you bring in. My nabe BM...
20
20

When to add shingles?
Brick bungalow in midwest US. Scraped and shingled in 1997. No visable leaks, curling, cracking, etc. Shingles were rated for about 15 years. Building code allows 2 layers of shingles. Should I wait...
12
12

home security
just curious as to if anyone has any input into outdoor security cameras. i am leaning towards this one and while the reviews seem okay perhaps some of you can provide input into a different system....
11
11

OT, but WGAF?
My senile mom, whom I care for, lives and dies for airbeds. Been sleeping on them for years. OTOH, she goes through them like Snicker bars. I've finally come to the conclusion it's her dog's nails...
1
1

Washing machine leaks
HB
7
7

Metal Roofing
My usual contractor (who installed a new layer of asphalt tiles in 1994) tells me I need to replace the entire roof, including the plywood. I am thinking that I would prefer to replace it with...
11
11

Shopvac rubber band
Bicycle inner tubes. Free and you can make almost any length/width band you could want. R
17
17