OT, but WGAF?

Does anyone have one of those air beds? The expensive ones like Sleep Number? Any recommendations? I got to get a better, different bed, but that's a big chunk to spend without some input. I think they all have a 90 day free trial thing.

Input appreciated.

Netnannies, just take three Xanaxes and a thorazine, and write in when you wake up.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

My senile mom, whom I care for, lives and dies for airbeds. Been sleeping on them for years. OTOH, she goes through them like Snicker bars. I've finally come to the conclusion it's her dog's nails that keep causing the minor leaks that kill 'em and so have put a mattress cover on this last one. We'll see if my suspicion is valid.

Anywaaaay..... my point is, I've seen a lot of air beds. A really premium one is Aerobed. They're in the $100 range, but seem to be of very high quality. They require a proprietary Aerobed inflator. These Aerobed electric air pumps are amazing, being not much bigger than a large orange and are available as plugin or rechargeable battery models. Walmart sells several brands from $20-80 range, depending on size. Are they better? I've never slept on one, so can't say. They all will leak if not carefully protected, like any inflatable. Some brands also leak cuz the air filler assy is not very good. My mom's current Walmart cheapo uses a crude plastic cork approach. I have to "top it off" every cpl weeks. This is not uncommon for even the more expensive brands. Some have a back-flow device that prevents air loss before the seal/cap is put in place. I notice Cabela's has several seemingly high tech models, but have no experience with them.

My advice is to try a Walmart cheapo and see if you like it. There are even dbl high models. Then, decide if you want to ugrade from there. Coleman sells a very inexpensive plug-in air pump. It has a flexible hose and several nozzles that have worked with all the airbeds I've run across, except Aerobed. Actually, it may even work with an Aerobed, but my mom has two Aerobed inflation pumps and they're so amazing I've never bothered. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob