Zenith Zoysia seeding

I'm in Atlanta and I have a 10,500 square feet to cover in the back yard. Two landscapers have told me that Zenith Zoysia seeding doesn't work. Takes months to germinate, can't touch it for months, ect. I have found in the group where people have seeded. So is it the landscapers wanting the 9k for sod or is it true?