Which John Deere Would You Buy? L130 or LX280

OK, I'll be the first to acknowledge that I'm obsessing on this but I'd really like to hear the opinion of others. I'm looking to buy a new John Deere mower, either an L130 with 48" deck or the LX280 with a 42" deck. Home Depot recently advertised the L130 (23 hp Kohler) on sale for $2,500 + tax with a $200 rebate. The John Deere distributor has quoted me a price of $3,949 + tax for the LX280 (18 hp Kawasaki). According to the spec sheets both decks are .105 in (12 ga). The LX280 has a heavier frame but gives up 5 hp.
So, I guess I'm trying to figure out why the smaller engine on a heavier, more expensive mower and is it worth the extra $1,500?
TIA
written

I use an excellent site called epinions.com. They give readers revues of just about any product and web sites to them as well.
--
"Name calling is best left to the children."