Tomatos

Got a lot of tomatoes coming on now. The bottoms of tomatoes on one plant appear to be rotting. It is a straight black indentation across the bottom. Is it bugs or something else.
On 6/16/2012 3:42 PM, Lil Abner wrote:

Blossom end rot. Look it up. Usually a deficiency of calcium. I grow mine in containers and add a handful of ground limestone every year and have not seen it since.
On 6/16/2012 4:07 PM, Frank wrote:

I've got a bunch of tomatos about to ripen. Thanks
On 6/16/2012 10:58 PM, Lil Abner wrote:

I'd water in a couple of handfuls of fine ground limestone around each plant. You'll probably lose parts of the affected tomatoes but subsequent ones should be OK. That's what happened to me when I had the problem years ago and learned about it.