Staghorn Sumac

Andy writes:
Living in a wilderness area, I have run across a type of tree which grows wild around here, in little groves that look like island of little palm trees, with a long straight trunk , no limbs, and a frondy top. Except the leaves are like hickory/walnut/pecan.....
It is called Staghorn Sumac, and grows readily by rhyzomes or by seeds, and can just be pulled up out of the ground and transplanted with near 100% success.
I am using it as an accent plant in my yard, and for certain landscape features, and it seems to be working out OK...
In addition, it has a sheaf of red berries which stick up like a spear, which ripen around August, and can be used to make wine, or a drink like lemonade. I am looking forward to trying it in about a month, as there are tons of the stuff growing in a nearby grove.
If you google "staghorn sumac" , you will find many references to this, as well as excellent photographs...
So.... is anyone else here doing similar things with this tree ?
Andy in Eureka, Texas