Salt-resistant grass seed?

Is there some sort of seed I can use next to the road? They use salt during the winter and it kills the grass. However, there are some weeds that survive nicely. So, I'm wondering if there is a grass that will do the same.
William W. Plummer wrote:

Peter H
Peter H wrote:

William W. Plummer wrote:

Around here many people build a triangular wall from slats of wood and plastic. Not real pretty but saves the grass.

If you're looking for traditional turf grass, then tall fescue, creeping fescue, and bermuda grass are among the most salt tolerant. Blue grass is more adversely affected by salt.
Chet Hayes wrote:

planted tall fescue this morning. Ask me in the spring how it survived.

rye or bluegrass to establish.
Not to rain on your parade but you are way late to plant fescue in Massachusetts. You should be planting in early September or even late August. If you are lucky the seed will survive through the winter and sprout in the spring. If you are unlucky it will simply rot between now and then.
If nothing germinates (which unfortunately is likely) you can wait until spring and sow new seed. Wait until the nighttime temps are no lower than 50F then sow your fescue.
Good luck,
William W. Plummer wrote:

John Crichton wrote:

Some of the tall fescue I planted about a month ago has sprouted. Except for one cold night, the daytime temps have been in the 60's and 70's. I figure the seed is getting a bit old but I'm not sure when I bought it. So, I might as well plant it and hope it grows.