Royal Empress Tree

Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!
Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade and I understand this one to grow fast. I did some looking on google and came across a forum and most of the people hate them. Any advice on a good shade tree that grows fast would be appreciated! Thanks!

Paulownia has a terrible reputation, and any fast-growing tree is very likely to be weak and subject to problems with wind and storms. The right tree for your location depends upon the climate where you're located, and your original posting doesn't give a clue . . .

North central ohio
On Jun 10, 7:11 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

i looked on fastdrowingtrees.com and was thinking about poplar and hybrid poplar
Does anyone have one of these? I need a fast growing tree for shade

Try a tulip (yellow poplar) tree; they do very well here in southern part of Richland County Ohio. They have a nice arrow shape that adapts well to the yard by growing upward instead of sprawling out. We planted a whip about 4 feet tall back in 1997 that we dug out of our woods with no more than a shovel full of dirt. It is now pushing 25 ft and the trunk is at least 6-8 inches in dia. at 4 ft and it is flowering for the first time this year. They do have a rather large leaf and are currently in bloom. Much hardier than all the wild cherry that snapped off in the Christmas ice storm a few year back.
Fran-just someone else....