Round Up clones any good?

Page 1 of 2
Any cheaper alternatives to Round Up out there?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 6, 9:54 am, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I use Razor, think that's the right spelling. Far as I can tell, it works the same at a fraction of the cost.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Where can you buy Razor?
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 6, 12:55 pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I bought it online, don't remember where. You can try Ebay.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net said:

Just look for Glyphosate as the active ingredient.
--

Eggs

-Someone who thinks logically provides a nice contrast to the real world.
βœ–
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

last year for my soybean crop I purchased 2.5 gallon containers of 41% Glyphosate for around $48.00 each. this year the same product at the same store was $92.95
http://www.agrisupply.com/glystar-original-2-1-2-gallon/p/57379/cn/2600031 /
Add pictures here
βœ–
Jim said:

Damn, d00d. I'm sure they're blaming the price of gasoline, no?
--

Eggs

Show me a man with both feet firmly on the ground, and I'll show you a man
βœ–

Ha!
It does make me wonder if this fuel cost thing is being used as a scapegoat for many products so they can "gouge" us consumers!
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 7, 5:44 pm, snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

in my piddly experience with corporations, i have come to the following conclusions, which i call the dumpster effect:
pretty much every corporation is cooking the books, a little or a lot, in order to keep stock prices up and keep the management salaries up. pretty much every department of every corporation is cooking the books, a little or a lot, to keep the management employed. whenever some economic glitch comes along, no matter how trivial, it's regarded as an opportunity to balance the books somehow, and saddle that glitch with the under the counter deficit being concealed. so that some minor product gets recalled by the FDA, and the next thing you know the companies reporting a huge loss, which doesn't make economic sense. it's sort of like when you have a dumpster delivered to your house for some project, and by the next morning it's magically full of all sorts of items which you don't recognize at all.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Considering how the prices of so many staples are going up, I don't see how inflation can be low. I guess it's because people can't afford to buy so demand is dropping. We're in big trouble thanks to the borrow and spend Republicans.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Oh yeah, it's all the Republicans. Last time I checked, Democrats control both the Senate and House. And they are solidly in control of the House, where all spending bills must originate. Yet the pork continues to flow.
The prices of staples that have shot up the most are oil and food. And the food part is directly related to laws passed to drive more corn into ethanol. That has driven up the price of not only grains, but also meats as well. And last time I checked the Democrats want more use of alternative fuels, including ethanol, so don't lay this off on Republicans.
If it were up to Republicans, we would be drilling in ANWR and in most of the offshore USA today and building new nuclear power plants. Instead, we go around refusing to utilize our own resources, while bitching. It was Clinton who vetoed the bill authorizing drilling in ANWR in the mid 90's. If we had opened ANWR, we'd have at least 1 mil barrels a day flowing from there now. And it's entirely possible that there's an elephant size field as big as Saudia Arabia's in ANWR. No one knows, because Democrats and environmental extremists won't allow even test wells to be drilled to find out.
As for offshore, we now have China drilling in Cuba waters closer to Florida, to gain access to oil that we could be drilling for. Where's the Democrat lead initiative to change any of this? Their energy solution: Tax the oil companies more.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 04:56:53 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

I don't think I'll bother.
Add pictures here
βœ–
on 6/11/2008 7:56 AM snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net said the following:

Yep, cut the tax breaks and increase the taxes. Guess who'll make up for the lost tax breaks and increased taxes? Look in the mirror.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Bob F wrote:

A do-nothing government is the best kind.
Here in Texas, our forefathers were smart enough to make sure our elected parasites^Wrepresentatives are only allowed to meet for a few weeks every other year. The less time they're together, the less they can screw us^Wup.
;-)
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

Yes, and last time I checked, the specific issue was SPENDING. Spending bills originate in the House. So, the more bills that are blocked either their or in the Senate, in general, the less they will be able to spend. Sure, there could be a bill that cuts spending that is being blocked, but when's the last time you saw that, as opposed to bills that authorize more spending?
Add pictures here
βœ–

It's all government spin. They use "core" items to measure inflation - items that rarely change in value and are not subject to value spikes. The 'government' does not buy gasoline, food, medicine, etc like the public does, so they do not use those values in their inflation factors. The big problem with their funky inflation figures is that it sets cost-of-living rates for the general population at a level that is unrealistic in the real economy.
Red
Add pictures here
βœ–

Wrong. The CPI has nothing to do with what the govt buys or doesn't buy. It's a statistical sampling of what CONSUMERS buy and it most definitely includes gasoline, food, and medicine. The core inflation rate is the overall number minus volatile components, like food and energy and is reported at the same time. Many economists give more credence to the core as an indication of widespread inflation in the general economy. Both numbers are widely reported when released.
 The big problem with their funky inflation figures

Add pictures here
βœ–
On Jun 11, 11:27 am, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Well, to this 'ol country boy if they add it in and then subtract it back out the net value is "0". Sure sounds like a typical government formula to me.
Red
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ha!!