Round Up clones any good?

Any cheaper alternatives to Round Up out there?

Reply to
me

I use Razor, think that's the right spelling. Far as I can tell, it works the same at a fraction of the cost.

Reply to
trader4

Where can you buy Razor?

Reply to
me

Just look for Glyphosate as the active ingredient.

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

last year for my soybean crop I purchased 2.5 gallon containers of 41% Glyphosate for around $48.00 each. this year the same product at the same store was $92.95

Jim

I bought it online, don't remember where. You can try Ebay.

Reply to
trader4

Reply to
Eggs Zachtly

Ha!

It does make me wonder if this fuel cost thing is being used as a scapegoat for many products so they can "gouge" us consumers!

Reply to
me

gasoline, take the blame again...

Reply to
Jim

yeah, i forget the name of the active ingredient in roundup, but it's in many products; just buy by price vs concentration of that ingredient. on the other hand, the long-term "kills weeds all season" versions of roundup and other brands have different ingredients.

yeah, that's the word!

in my piddly experience with corporations, i have come to the following conclusions, which i call the dumpster effect:

pretty much every corporation is cooking the books, a little or a lot, in order to keep stock prices up and keep the management salaries up. pretty much every department of every corporation is cooking the books, a little or a lot, to keep the management employed. whenever some economic glitch comes along, no matter how trivial, it's regarded as an opportunity to balance the books somehow, and saddle that glitch with the under the counter deficit being concealed. so that some minor product gets recalled by the FDA, and the next thing you know the companies reporting a huge loss, which doesn't make economic sense. it's sort of like when you have a dumpster delivered to your house for some project, and by the next morning it's magically full of all sorts of items which you don't recognize at all.

Considering how the prices of so many staples are going up, I don't see how inflation can be low. I guess it's because people can't afford to buy so demand is dropping. We're in big trouble thanks to the borrow and spend Republicans.

Reply to
dgk

Oh yeah, it's all the Republicans. Last time I checked, Democrats control both the Senate and House. And they are solidly in control of the House, where all spending bills must originate. Yet the pork continues to flow.

The prices of staples that have shot up the most are oil and food. And the food part is directly related to laws passed to drive more corn into ethanol. That has driven up the price of not only grains, but also meats as well. And last time I checked the Democrats want more use of alternative fuels, including ethanol, so don't lay this off on Republicans.

If it were up to Republicans, we would be drilling in ANWR and in most of the offshore USA today and building new nuclear power plants. Instead, we go around refusing to utilize our own resources, while bitching. It was Clinton who vetoed the bill authorizing drilling in ANWR in the mid 90's. If we had opened ANWR, we'd have at least 1 mil barrels a day flowing from there now. And it's entirely possible that there's an elephant size field as big as Saudia Arabia's in ANWR. No one knows, because Democrats and environmental extremists won't allow even test wells to be drilled to find out.

As for offshore, we now have China drilling in Cuba waters closer to Florida, to gain access to oil that we could be drilling for. Where's the Democrat lead initiative to change any of this? Their energy solution: Tax the oil companies more.

Reply to
trader4

It's all government spin. They use "core" items to measure inflation

- items that rarely change in value and are not subject to value spikes. The 'government' does not buy gasoline, food, medicine, etc like the public does, so they do not use those values in their inflation factors. The big problem with their funky inflation figures is that it sets cost-of-living rates for the general population at a level that is unrealistic in the real economy.

Red

Reply to
Red

Ha!!

That made me laugh! Thanks!

Reply to
me

Wrong. The CPI has nothing to do with what the govt buys or doesn't buy. It's a statistical sampling of what CONSUMERS buy and it most definitely includes gasoline, food, and medicine. The core inflation rate is the overall number minus volatile components, like food and energy and is reported at the same time. Many economists give more credence to the core as an indication of widespread inflation in the general economy. Both numbers are widely reported when released.

=A0The big problem with their funky inflation figures

Reply to
trader4

I don't think I'll bother.

Reply to
dgk

Well, to this 'ol country boy if they add it in and then subtract it back out the net value is "0". Sure sounds like a typical government formula to me.

Red

Reply to
Red

Yep, cut the tax breaks and increase the taxes. Guess who'll make up for the lost tax breaks and increased taxes? Look in the mirror.

Reply to
willshak