Replaced needle and seat.

I have a troy built mower 5.5 hp Tecumseh. It was dripping gas out the carb. I removed the carb. Replaced needle and seat. Cleaned it(spray/rinse/air)and replaced gaskets. It does not have a carburetor adjustment screw. The engine smokes (runs rich). Just a red primer blub on the side. What went wrong? How do I adjust the carb?
Thanks TP

How old is it and what's the model number of the carb ?
TP wrote:

It is adjusted by the level of the float. The higher (lower when you have it upside down on the workbench) it is the richer it will run.
--
Art

Artemis wrote:

Also, the float must float- be free of leaks.
Then there are the mixture adjustments- typically high & low-speed. Sounds like one or both of yours are waaaaay rich. Typically turning clockwise leans mixture.

Sounds like you didn't read the problem the original poster has.
snipped-for-privacy@sme-online.com wrote:

He said there were no adjustment screws. On those carbs you can only control the rich/lean with the float level adjustment.
--
Art