Troy Built 5.5 HP 4-in-1 Chipper Shredder Vacuum Opinions/Reviews

Has anyone out there bought one of these from a home center like Lowes, etc??? Did it work out or is it too underpowered to be of any use? My needs are for leaf vacuuming, yard/tree waste chipping and vacuuming up the annoyingly large amounts of acorns that the single Oak tree on my property produces. I mostly want the chipper for smaller limbs and such in between the regular trimming so I wont have to load up a real small load on the pickup and take it to my parents farm to dump, I'd rather just chip up the small stuff and put it in the trash or along the curb for fall pickup.

Anyone want to fess up to owing one :)

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill

I have a older one that works great. But that was before mtd bought them out and cheaping the damn line.

Reply to
op4_camper

Not sure of its the same thing but 2 of my neighbors have a craftsman version of what you're referring to. I've borrowed one of them a few times and it seems to work pretty well. For twigs a leaves it works great but anything larger than a cpl inches in dia I think you'd be disappointed. Then again when you're borrowing its worth every penny you paid for it! :)

Reply to
Dan Baker