Plants

I am trying to locate a plant that keeps crickets away. Does any one know the name of this plant. I heard someone on News Talk radio talking about it on one Saturday and missed the name. Thanks in advance!

Reply to
Bill Meeler

I'm unaware of a plant that will repel crickets per-say, but you could try thinning the herd. If your looking for an organic method of dealing with the crickets, you could try a pit fall trap.

" To get rid of crickets, mix some molasses and vanilla extract or lemon juice in water. Crickets are lured to this bait and they drown in it. Be sure to plug up any holes in the house where they are getting in. "

As far as your options go, you would be left with a insecticide of some sort, or you could try catching some local frogs and lizards and releasing them in your yard.

Good luck.

Reply to
Timothy

Hi Bill,

Here's another environmentally friendly way of dealing with them.

Newt

A bug zapper is the cats ass. there about 10.00$ and plug into an outdoor electrical socket.

Reply to
golfcoursemechanic

What kind of bug zapper do you get for ten bucks?

Reply to
Steveo

Probably a yard sale find because it didn't kill the bugs most folks get them for - mosquitos, which aren't attracted to the light. It's real good at killing bugs that pollinate plants at night though. Not too good for the plants in the garden.

Newt