need help with lawnmower

Page 3 of 3
I'm not ignoring anyone. Thanks for any help you've offered. I bought a can of starter spray last night, and next time I need to cut the grass, I'm going to try it.

Well, it seems like you are listening to the wrong people.
Starter spray might get your mower started, and then again, it may not. It is certainly not a long term fix, and using it repeatedly can damage your mower. Did you check the other things like the air filter, spark to plug, bad gas? If you can't do those things, it's time to take it in for service. If your engine starts with the starter spray, you can pretty much rule out the spark plug and electronics, and concentrate on the fuel quality and air filter.
Sherwin D.
Betsy wrote:

Thanks.

YOU NEED A NEW MOWER. DON'T BE SUCH A CHEAP FUCK--BUY A NEW ONE AND BE DONE WITH IT.
STOP WHINING.

Next time you take it in, try starting it in front of the super tech to show how you can't start it. Is there a choke on it? If so, try choking it for a couple of cranks and then crank with no or half choke.

pulls
Oh, believe me, I already did that. After many pulls I did get it started by pushing it away from me as I yanked. My arm still hurts. I don't think I'd have been able to start it at all if he hadn't already gotten it started. And as soon as I got it home it wouldn't cooperate again--took almost 30 pulls to get it started. Like I said, my arm still hurts.

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/89/89lhansfranz.phtml

From what she describes the engine is tired and none of the current push mower engines are worth the cost of a rebuild. Even on the off chance that you are right that starting fluid will eventually cause a problem it will have worn completely out long before the starting fluid gets it
Steve B.

do i have to post again? It needs a valve job!! Chip

Nope.
She needs a new mower, cuz the rest of it is wore out too.
Steveo Wrote:

I AGREE !!!! I can't believe how many post on a wore out 100.0 mower. All because it's owned by a woman
-- restrorob