My tree roots are covered Oh MY God!!!!

I have 2 acres and a third is wooded, the problem is the third that is wooded, well all the leaves have now fallen off the tree's The roots are covered by the leaves!!! I don't have the time to rake them.... oh wait I live in an area where almost everything is wooded, doesn't that mean all the wooded area's AKA the forest, aren't their roots covered too? I think I read in this group that is was bad to cover the roots of a tree (I think it kills them or something).
What ever am I going to do? There must be an Expert in this group that can help. Thanks in advance!!! ;-)
Not Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Clark... wrote:

Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Clark... wrote:

That's why we have forest fires. It keeps the leaves that cover the roots from killing the trees. ;)
--
Art

Art wrote:

Holy cow I'd never thought of that! I'm off to the hardware store for some lamp oil and a lighter!! I have to save the tree's!!! So it turns out whomever started the California forest fires where just doing the trees a favor, what a good citizen.
Grin Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Clark... wrote:

Again, I say, "Blechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh "
Well, at least you're not a f***ing top poster.
do snipped-for-privacy@do.com wrote:

At the very least.. I'm just trying to put a little life into this group, I mean heck there is more fun in the 0.test group honest no harm intended. Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

Too general a question. Too general a generality regarding covering roots. Maybe a certain arborist will chime in to tackle with something specific and some examples on either spectrum, not using weblinks. Doubt it though.
--
Dave
Profound is we're here due to a chance arrangement
Dioclese wrote:

Good tip! I'm going to the book store right after I go to the hardware store and I'm going to buy a book for identifieng the tree's I have. For instance is it worse to have maple leaves on your oak roots or vice versa? lol
where the heck is Eggs when I really need him? hehehehehe
Clark...
--
Don't you have Google in your part of the world?

It wasn't eggs I was speaking of (symplast where are you?).
One example, that strikes me is my great-grandfather had some majestic pecan trees. Surface roots were heavy duty, sometimes difficult to get pushmower over (engine off). Leaves in autumn were 1-2 foot deep before raking. Just wondered what would happen if these were never raked for example. There would be wind driven push on alot of it. Some making large piles near the trunks.
Juniper-ashe (blue berry version) naturally drops its leaves (needles) in a major thickness. This is part of its strategy of recouping water in dry areas. And, due to the needles chemical release, nothing grows under such a tree.
Live oak drops all its leaves in early spring. I have buttload of those trees all around my home and property naturally growing. I don't rake those leaves, too many and too deep. No apparent effect on their growth or foliage that grows within its vicinity.
Cited 3 specific examples. Tap, tap, tap... mr. arborist... Or weblink quack... Dave
Dioclese wrote:

[....]
sorry but it takes 4 examples to qualify for an official weblink quack response.
<g>

Somehow, I don't believe there's a genuine arborist that frequents this newsgroup... But, you may be right. It takes 4 or more genuine examples to tweak his/her nipples. Dave
"Dioclese" <NONE> wrote in message

somehow i don't think anyone thought this was funny but clark
Jim
jthread wrote:

clark who? <g> :)
btw - next week is your turn to be the real Jim.
Jim
Dioclese wrote:

some people settle for unofficial, but I say hold out for the real thing.