Mower problem

Hi!

This is my first post to this site. I have an old Lawnflite 548 ride o mower.Starts Ok and runs but when I mow my sloping field it plays up. mow across, and it is ok if leaning slightly to the left, but when turn and it is leaning to the right it splutters, won't rev and the stalls. As a result I have to mow forwards then backwards which is nuisance. It has only recently starting doing this. Can anyone help? Thank

-- Matchman

Reply to
Matchman

Does it have a safety interlock switch in the seat?

Reply to
Hairy

I'd say its a fuel problem. As this is an older mower and assuming this problem grew progressively worse, I'd say it's time for a carb rebuild. If there is some sort of float in the carb, I'd suspect that.

Otoe

Reply to
Otoe

Hi! Hairy 804140-Yes it does, engine stops when seat rises, but wh would it only cause a problem if the mower is leaning right

-- Matchman

Reply to
Matchman

It's got water in the carb. Drain it and the tank and refill with fresh fuel.

Reply to
Art

If the switch is on the left side of the seat, when your buttocks moves to the right it might be torqueing the seat a bit and opening that switch. I would try bypassing the switch for a short while to see if it has an effect. Tomes

Reply to
Tomes