Kill Clover!

Page 2 of 2

Steveo, sorry to piggyback on your post, I don't have the OP's post on my server.
Bugs 4 Jazz, the yellow flowered weed may also be Black Medic, treatable with 2,4 D.
Look here for a description: http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/descriptions/blackmedic.htm
The sorrels and Black Medic are often confused. Look here for comparison: http://www.turf.uiuc.edu/weed_web/lookalikes/medic_oxalis_clover.htm
Regards,
--
bill n

Good links, sorta. Black Medic has more of a really deep green foliage.
The thing is, they're all htk's (hard to kill). I use confront for either of those if it requires re-treatment, but I don't think that's a retail product.
Adding large amounts of spreader sticker to your three way herbicide seems to help. Oxalis, sorrel, medic, spurge, all have a very waxy cuticle, so most of your control product will run off the target without sticker added. try it, if you haven't.
Heidi the Horrible wrote:

Heidi the Horrible wrote:

Maybe related to Karl Marx too!
-- Wild Bill
If you're gonna to run with the big dogs, ya gotta lift your leg a little bit higher! ------------------------------------------------------------------------ posted via www.GardenBanter.co.uk

Highly unlikely since I'm a capitalist piglett.
Heidi the Horrible Wrote:

Are you kind of a fat girl?
That Weed B Gone isn't working very well. It seems to kill my grass as well as the weeds. I'm thinking of cutting out huge chunks of sod and starting over with some new sod. But, I'm such a lazy sod that I can't decide. What do y'all think?
--
Wild Bill

Wild Bill wrote:

Are you mixing according to instructions? I've seen many people just pour some into a sprayer, eyeballing the amount, with no real measurement and then finding it doesn't work at all or kills the grass too.