Identity of flower please

Hi, occasional lurker here with something we need help identifying.
We have this really lovely flowering vine that neither one of us can identify- I posted a picture here:
http://home.pacbell.net/o1o1o1o1/images/dsc_0002-33.jpg
Apologies about the clarity of the photo, I just don't have a macro lens, and this is as good as I could get it.
It is about three inches across the tips of the petals. Previously I had clipped the vine and replanted it about six months back, and it's been growing like crazy ever since- it's clinging to the rose bush and rose bush trellis like it owns it (nature never ceases to amaze me- the little 'arms' the hug its' companion are remarkable).
Noticed it opens and closes erratically- and only one bud at a time (there are several buds on the vine). My wife tends the garden and notices that if she touches the bud it closes and doesn't reopen for sometime.
Does anyone recognize it? Or perhaps give us clue as to where to find it?
We live in Southern California.
TIA,
--
Michael

o1o1o1o1 wrote:

It's a passionflower -- google for passion+flower+jpg

Looks like a passion vine...