Help with identity

I posted photos once before, but they were hard to determine, so here I go again. I hope these might be alittle better! Any guesses are appreciated. CG suburbs of Buffalo NY

gntry

Er. I think you mean:

but the pictures that you've got there don't really have enough detail for me to take a guess. Is there any way that you can take a picture that shows the entire plant, as well as the close ups?

You might find something here:

Cat

I agree - the photos are a little indistinct (something to measure scale against would be helpful), but the weeds in question look very much like the young growth shoots of Japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum. A tough weed to control, but control you must - it is on many states' noxious weed listing. Lots of info online with a Google search.

pam - gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal

"..... I agree - the photos are a little indistinct (something to measure scale against would be helpful), but the weeds in question look very much like the young growth shoots of Japanese knotweed, Polygonum cuspidatum. A tough weed to control, but control you must - it is on many states' noxious weed listing. Lots of info online with a Google search.

pam - gardengal ........."

Those were my thoughts as well.

Reply to
David Hill