how much water can i add?

I'm going to be doing a fair amount of "borders" type work with sprayer and weed/grass killer.
My question is how much, in general, can you cut the stuff you get at Lowes, Home Depot, etc (Roundup, ShootOut, Ortho, etc) with water without losing much effectiveness? I guess it's a way of asking just how concentrated are most of those products?
rb said:

They vary. Read the labels.
--

Eggs

- Listen: Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

refills) I could be wrong.

might be compromised a tad. Depends on the target.
You have to be careful about bleed too. (into the non-target surrounding plant material)

My experience with Roundup in ultra concentrated bottle. Don't water it down if you have any bermuda grass on the border areas you want eradicated. Takes more that one round to kill it. So, I guess that what you're trying to eradicate is also a factor in the question as well. Dave

I like Brush B Gone from Ortho
Clark

i think roundup is 17% glyphosate . so 4 0z per gallon gets most grass and weeds, a stronger mix for vines and such. you can get 41% glyphosate at southern states or ebay in 2.5 gallon jugs for 50.00 -80.00 . i use 2 0z per gallon of 41% for about everything . but i guess youd have to experement on useing less than reccomended. lucas