GREENER GRASS

My grass is growing well, but I would like it to be greener. I understand if I use a fertilizer higher in one of the three chemicals my grass will turn greener. Which chemical will do that and will it hurt my grass?
Thanks,
QUEST

Nitrogen. And no, maybe, yes. It depends on what kind of nitrogen, ie instant vs slow release, how much you apply, when and what else is going on with your lawn.
On Sun, 12 Aug 2012 08:22:16 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

Iron is used to make grass greener. Keep the pellets off of the concrete or any thing that you dont want rust spots on. It worked on my blue grass when I lived in Kentucky.