growing grass

in my class i have to plant and grow grass seeds for 2 weeks. the group who has the highest yeild of grass wins. i need help with this. can someone please tell me the best fertilizer and othere chemicails i should use. we are growing them in class in a inclosed enviorment.

Reply to
missingqwerty

Highest what, germination? Does variety matter?

Reply to
Steveo

The real question is if they will be smoking it when their done! bbbaaaahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa!!!!!

My daughter's class did this and it's a complete joke. 2 weeks to get all the seed to pop and the project is over. 4 weeks is a good window for a competition.

To the OP, nitrogen and lots of it!

Reply to
Timothy

You don't need chemicals. The short time period is just enough for some good germination. A little root stimulator is probably okay. Its not a contest per se, it depends more on the seed than the gardener. Keep the growing environment warm and moist (not soaking wet).

Reply to
Jonny